3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2015 5:50 PM by A.T. Romano

Video clips not on my timeline after start up

camera shy again

After downloading from an ext. drive to a program folder on my desktop, files where transferred over into my program succesfully.  Clips where drag from my imports to the time line all worked well. After saving and closing out when I opened up the program again at a later time the clips where off line.  One of my questions when clips are dragged to the time line are they not stored in the j"Premiere elements 12 program"  like how do they become lost or found "off line". Something I didn"t mention there was a drop down box that said there was an "error in importing some of the files."

• 1. Re: Video clips not on my timeline after start up
          A.T. Romano Level 7

camera shy again

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system?

1. How is your external hard drive formatted - NTFS or other? Has the drive letter of the external hard drive changed?

2. Is the problem specific for one project or is it affecting all projects old or new?

3. If you store some source files on the Local Disk C and disconnect the external hard drive, can you import your source files from the Local Disk C location into Premiere Elements and have no media issues in import or on the Timeline?

4, Are you moving, deleting, or changing file and folder names for the source media after they were imported and the project saved closed?

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Video clips not on my timeline after start up
            camera shy again Level 1

It appeard I had several folders with the same name.  Renamed them, seems to be working.

Thanks

Gil

• 3. Re: Video clips not on my timeline after start up
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Gil

Many thanks for the follow up and the good news of success in resolving your issue. Well done.

Your report will be helpful to all those who find themselves in a similar situation to the one you faced and are looking for answers.

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR