3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2007 1:16 PM by Newsgroup_User

Color Palette Problem

fannyarbucklewith135
      I'm somewhat new to Fireworks... I've been using it now for a few months, but here recently I've run into something I just can't figure out. It seems as though when I'm working with colors, I'm working with a smaller color palette than what I worked with after I first installed Fireworks.

If I pick a hexadecimal color value and try to use it in Fireworks, it winds up picking the closest match to that color. For instance, if I choose #FFFFE6 (very light yellow) as the starting color for a gradient and choose #FFFFCC for the ending color, #FFFFE6 will show up as #FFFFFF... almost white. This same problem occurs using fills as well. I've also noticed that when using the color picker, dragging it across a gradient may only show 3 or 4 colors, although I can visually see the differences in colors per pixel at an enlarged resolution. Before a few weeks ago it would show seemingly infinite numbers of hex values when doing the same thing.

This problem didn't start until a few weeks ago... and I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to fix it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Color Palette Problem
          Level 7
          Make sure you don't have 'Snap to WebSafe' enabled in the flyout of the
          color picker (upper right arrow)

alex

fannyarbucklewith135 wrote:
          > I'm somewhat new to Fireworks... I've been using it now for a few months, but
          > here recently I've run into something I just can't figure out. It seems as
          > though when I'm working with colors, I'm working with a smaller color palette
          > than what I worked with after I first installed Fireworks.
          >
          > If I pick a hexadecimal color value and try to use it in Fireworks, it winds
          > up picking the closest match to that color. For instance, if I choose #FFFFE6
          > (very light yellow) as the starting color for a gradient and choose #FFFFCC for
          > the ending color, #FFFFE6 will show up as #FFFFFF... almost white. This same
          > problem occurs using fills as well. I've also noticed that when using the
          > color picker, dragging it across a gradient may only show 3 or 4 colors,
          > although I can visually see the differences in colors per pixel at an enlarged
          > resolution. Before a few weeks ago it would show seemingly infinite numbers of
          > hex values when doing the same thing.
          >
          > This problem didn't start until a few weeks ago... and I'm pulling my hair out
          > trying to figure out how to fix it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          • 2. Re: Color Palette Problem
            fannyarbucklewith135 Level 1
            YES!!!! Thank you!!!!! I don't know how/when that got checked, but it sure has made things difficult.

Thanks a million!
            • 3. Re: Color Palette Problem
              Level 7
              welcome :)

fannyarbucklewith135 wrote:
              > YES!!!! Thank you!!!!! I don't know how/when that got checked, but it sure has made things difficult.
              >
              > Thanks a million!