3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2015 11:15 AM by Willi Adelberger

Hyperlinks in InDesign

kerynw48756793

Hi I am trying to create hyperlinks in indesign and have done 4 successful links, but now when I copy and paste the url address and then test the link, the url address is changing to include % etc at the end and taking me to a 'page not found' page.. help

• 1. Re: Hyperlinks in InDesign
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please provide a more complete description of the steps in your workflow. At what point (and why) are you "copy and paste" the URL address? Usually, you click a URL.

Also, tell us what version of InDesign and what computer platform you're using.

• 2. Re: Hyperlinks in InDesign
            Jeffrey_Smith Most Valuable Participant

You may have accidentally added a space when pasting URL into the field. You can check the URL entry by going to the flyout of the hyperlinks panel > Hyperlink Destination Options  > toggle to the problem destination and select > Edit > delete any extraneous spaces at the end of address.

• 3. Re: Hyperlinks in InDesign
              Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

You should not copy styles to test them, use the Hyperlink Panel as it is checking the link.

InDesign will mark URLs with spaces and extended characters (like öäß…) as imvalid, you would have to replace them with their escape code, this code in combination of % and a number, even if it is allowed nowadays, but not every browser supports it and InDesign is very restrictive.