8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2007 1:48 AM by Peter Lorent

slide show

jonnybennett Level 1
      I have been struggling with this problem for days now, and to be honest my head is litterrally spinning.

I have created a .fla with the problem, which after more heartache can now been downloaded from:

http://www.cretepropertyconsultant.com/forum/pleaseHelp.htm

The problem I am having is that the button should remove and attach a slide show. However click 1 removes. click 2 attaches. click 3 removes and so on. It sghould remove and attach each click.
      Thanks to any responders. J
        • 1. Re: slide show
          Peter Lorent Level 2
          You are using this:
          _global.nIndex=1;

RemoveAndAttachBtn.onRelease=function(){
          removeMovieClip('zoomMcAttach');
          var slideClip:MovieClip=attachMovie('zoomMcAttach','zoomMcAttach',_global.nIndex++);
          zoomMcAttach.createSlideShow.testerText.text='pic1.jpg|pic2.jpg|pic3.jpg';
          zoomMcAttach.slideType='zoom';
          slideClip._x=150;
          slideClip._y=150;}

RemoveAndAttachBtn.onRelease();

where you should be using:
          _global.nIndex=1;

RemoveAndAttachBtn.onRelease=function(){
          removeMovieClip('zoomMcAttach');
          var slideClip:MovieClip=attachMovie('zoomMcAttach','zoomMcAttach',_global.nIndex++);
          slideClip.createSlideShow.testerText.text='pic1.jpg|pic2.jpg|pic3.jpg';
          slideClip.slideType='zoom';
          slideClip._x=150;
          slideClip._y=150;}

RemoveAndAttachBtn.onRelease();

Now something strange happens with a blue - I think mask - but that might be another problem?
          • 2. Re: slide show
            jonnybennett Level 1
            Thanks LuigiL,

that has solved the not removing and attaching problem, however in turn has created a new problem. You are right it is now not resetting the mask. I have updated the fla file to your new code. if anyone else or your continued help in how now to get the mask to reset would be much apreiciated. Thanks again.

http://www.cretepropertyconsultant.com/forum/pleaseHelp.htm
            • 3. Re: slide show
              Peter Lorent Level 2
              Inside zoomerMC, ctrl click (on a Mac) or right click (on a Windows machine - God forbid) layer mask and select 'Mask'. Done. As to why setting the mask doesn't work properly using AS, well if you were using the drawing api to create the mask it would be necessary to find that out but since you have an asset on the stage I think it's a waste of time to read all the code.
              • 4. Re: slide show
                jonnybennett Level 1
                Its that kind of lateral genius thinking that made britain great, although you probably aren't british, but if you were you would be making it great. Thanks alot LuigiL.
                I am still having problems with the setInterval clearing properly. The example above thanks to your help is now working perfectly, but in my full version, dependant on what movieclip I remove sometimes it doesn't register the onUnload, which is bizzare. Anyway it is a bit too complicated to upload the fullversion so I will struggle on... Complicated, not that you guys wouldn't understand, but complictaed because of my make shift coding!... anyway thanks alot for your help. Much appreciated.
                • 5. Re: slide show
                  Peter Lorent Level 2
                  You're welcome. No I'm Dutch so don't expect me to buy you a beer
                  • 6. Re: slide show
                    Peter Lorent Level 2
                    BTW. If you are interested I could mail you a class based setup for a slideshow. I've added a zoom transition (and fade in fade out, slide) and an example how to use it the way you want to (I think). You can easily change the transitions or add transitions if you want to.
                    It's a simple base class with basic setters for x, y, mask dimensions, mode, transition time, pause between images. And, of course has a destroy() method so you can easily remove the slideshow and restart it. And you can target any movieclip.
                    Would need an email address.
                    • 7. Re: slide show
                      tcazzola
                      LuigiL, I see that you have a class based setup for a slideshow Is a copy still available, and if so, can it be sent via email?
                      Thanks
                      Trinity
                      • 8. Re: slide show
                        Peter Lorent Level 2
                        Nope. Deleted the one I made for the OP. What do you need exactly. Maybe I have something else to help you out.