2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2015 4:44 AM by chuckwa

LR says "Server Busy", gives options of 'Switch to' and 'Retry'  - can't get catalogs to load

chuckwa

I see in various forums that this problem is OVER SEVEN YEARS OLD.

Yeah, I'm ticked!

I have hundreds of catalogs that I switch between continuously when working and this KILLS MY WORKFLOW!

The only thing I can even get to work at all is t 'switch to' Windows Explorer, click 'All programs' and select some folder, then 'RETRY'

this only takes about five tries PER CATALOG to get it to work.

Yes, I have one big catalog with 200,000+ images, but I also have hundreds of small catalogs for individual clients as well.

HOW CAN THIS GO ON FOR SEVEN YEARS!?

I am so bummed...

Is there any way to fix this?

Or: Why should I have to fix it?

Why isn't the frickin' code fixed by now?

This is not like a surprise or anything!

Grump, grump, grump!

Well, back to 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and 'Switch to' and Retry' and

• 1. Re: LR says "Server Busy", gives options of 'Switch to' and 'Retry'  - can't get catalogs to load
          Alain Capéran Level 1

Hi,

Have you tried that:

photoguy815

Réponse correctepar photoguy815 le 17 sept. 2014 22:51

A fix to Lightroom's “Server Busy Error” on a Windows 7 64 bit computer:

I see in the discussion threads there are a LOT of frustrated people over this Server Busy issue, so I hope this helps someone. This is what Adobe tech support had me do, which fixed my problem. I got through on the phone right away, and the fix took no longer than 20 minutes to determine, with the support person remoting into my computer.

• I already had Lightroom 5.6 installed through my Creative Cloud subscription, and it had worked for a few weeks for me, although with increasing problems with the Server Busy box popping up. I was able to get rid of it by switching to Switch and Retry, but eventually it locked me out entirely.
          • Tech Support told me the problem was a permissions issue.
          • Try the following and see if it solves your problem:
            • In C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe, find the SL Cache folder and move it to your Desktop.
            • In C:\ProgramData\Adobe, find the SL Store folder and move it to your Desktop.
            • R Click on your Lightroom icon and “Run as Administrator”.
            • If it opens correctly, that shows it is working now.
            • Close Lightroom and reopen the application normally.

At this point I was good to go again. 9/17/14

Found in this thread: Error Message Server Busy During Startup

• 2. Re: LR says "Server Busy", gives options of 'Switch to' and 'Retry'  - can't get catalogs to load
            chuckwa Level 1

Alain,

Yes, I have, on two separate occasions.

:-(

But, I can try it again...