• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installed digital ed no problems, used id and password, then tried the link to a book I purchased - but error is 'check activation' - thsi forum suggested de authorising it and re authorising it - tried this and both of these options are grayed out. can

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

installed digital ed no problems,

used adobe id and password,

then tried the link to a book I purchased

- but error message 'check activation' persists

this forum suggested de authorising it and re authorizing Adobe Digital Editions

- tried this and both of these options - would not let me de-authorize and now both the de-authorize and authorizes options are grayed out. 

cannot get it to work or download the pdf's.

ideas?

Frank C

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just went through this and found the fix in the troubleshooting information on the right side of the screen. It said to uninstall again and then to use regedit to remove data from the programs information under   HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Adobe. Not just digital editions but something called Adept need to be deleted. After I did that I reinstalled Digital editions and was able to authorize using my existing Adobe ID and password. I then downloaded a new book from the library and it worked. I think the problem maybe trying to originally authorize without an existing Adobe ID and password. If you do that then it seems you CAN'T go back and reauthorize with an ID unless you erase everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines