3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2017 8:23 PM by hinina

Lightroom CC is slow

freemind42 Level 1

Hello,

I have a Mac Pro 3,1, no problems with Lightroom 5. However CC is totally unusable for me. It takes ages to import, to zoom in to 1:1 view (20 secs or even longer) and it takes ages to export.

Turnin off GPU acceleration didn't help

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC is slow
          oryngo

me too.  What a horrible upgrade.  I wish I would have read the comments before upgrading. 

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC is slow
            andyr76468307

Lightroom CC is a dog at the moment.  Added features for sure, but the performance is dreadful, it takes literally hours to import and process large numbers of files.  My last session of 300 Canon CR2 took three hours just to import, rendering previews took another three.  My machine is no slouch, i7, 24GB RAM (not that Lightroom accesses more than 4GB anyway) Nvidia Quadro 4000 graphics, and images on a CalDigit Raid. Wish I hadn't ''upgraded''

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC is slow
              hinina Level 1

This is still a problem in 2015.8. I started using it last month and had to revert back to LR5. My computer meets/exceeds all the requirements, I've gone through all the troubleshooting I found in the forums, and nothing helps. This is untenable as a professional tool.