Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe slows computer to crawl until you reboot to download and install

May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Sometimes my computer will slow to the point it's unusable and I have to shut it down.  When I reboot, an Adobe screen shows up in top left saying click here to download and install.  Why does my computer become unusable right before an Adobe update is necessary?  Is there a way to work around this?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give you any useful advice, I'm going to need to know more about your computer and browser:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Info on my computer includes:

Windows 7 (64 bit), service pack 1 (I do regular updates - not sure why it says service pack 1)

Internet Explorer 11

Firefox 37.0.2

McAfee Total Protection

Symptoms are:  my computer slows down where you cannot use the internet at all.  I have to reboot or shutdown the computer.  When it reboots, an Adobe small rectangle box is in the top left corner and says something like "click here to download or install Adobe update".  This happens on about every Adobe update on my computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines