9 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2015 7:28 PM by A.T. Romano

how do I locate ISO   files?

frede74985372

When attempting to burn to dvd I keep getting an error message  that  directs me to print from ISO  files, but I cannot locate them....

• 1. Re: how do I locate ISO   files?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

frede

On what computer operating system are you running your Premiere Elements 13/13.1?

There are two considerations here as I see it

1. To where does the ISO Image "auto save" get automatically saved -  If Windows, please look to

Libraries, Documents

if not there

Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0

if not there

Desktop

2. There are frequent reports of .iso images not being found once supposedly generated successfully. In this instance,

experiment with and without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preference disable. See Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

Please review and consider and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: how do I locate ISO   files?
            frede74985372 Level 1

I am running on a Dell laptop Windows 8.1 with 16 gb RAM.   Originally,

total video was 2:57 long and was occasionally freezing.  Saved as "test"

and deleted 1:30 (will be part2)  starts to "burn" (encode..?) And at about

40 % it stops and directs me to the ISO files along with a path......no

files there tho.....

Thanx

• 3. Re: how do I locate ISO   files?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

frede

The overall problem seems to be you are trying to add too much to the DVD disc.

As reference point...

DVD disc labelled 4.7 GB/120 minutes is in reality 4.38 GB

DVD disc labelled 8.5 GB/240 minutes is in reality 7.95 GB

When you have the DVD disc in the burner tray, are in the burn dialog, and are about to hit the Burn button, what does the burn dialog Quality area show for Space Required and Bitrate with and without a check mark next to "Fit Contents to Available Space".

In the best of times, you want to get burn to DVD or burn to folder to work for you. The burn to ISO Image (4.7 GB) has major problem when the .iso file generated is over 1 GB.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: ISO Image File Size Issue

But....What is the location for ISO Image that the program is giving you when the burn to disc fails? If you are given a location, go there, and do not find the .iso image, that can point to another issue besides the .iso file size issue. In all this, determine if with and without Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preference disabled makes a difference to generating and/or finding the .iso file. See Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

Please review and consider.

If any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to let me know. I will rewrite to clarify if needed.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: how do I locate ISO   files?
                frede74985372 Level 1

I was able to get it to 'burn to folder'!    Now what ??  Thanx

• 5. Re: how do I locate ISO   files?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

frede

Thanks for the update.

Here I am assuming you did burn to for DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen.

Were you able to burn to folder and find the saved folder with the OpenDVD Folder and VIDEO_TS Folder inside?

You should be able to take ONLY the VIDEO_TS Folder from the saved folder and burn it to DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on a DVD disc, using the free ImgBurn software.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

The important matter in your report should be that you were able to burn to folder and find the folder in the location that you set in the Save In field of the burn dialog. How did you have the preference Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher set, enabled or disabled? If you want to test your non disc workflow further, you could do the burn to ISO Image and determine if the .iso file is generated and found.

With all this information to build on, we could revisit the burn to disc DVD matter.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: how do I locate ISO   files?
                    frede74985372 Level 1
                    • correct-- widescreen
                    • yes I can see the folder
                    • I'll grab this app
                    • disabled Graphics 2000
                    • I've removed all menu markers, resaved, exited, rebooted, stopped WIFI, stopped Google drive  and I am trying to burn to DVD again -- currently at 15% of encoding media -- fingers crossed!!
                    • 7. Re: how do I locate ISO   files?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

frede

Sounding promising.

Keeping positive thoughts for success.

Just let me know when and if you need supplemental information on the step that you are at.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: how do I locate ISO   files?
                        frede74985372 Level 1

It worked on "part 1" and is 62% on "part 2"!!!

Thanx so much!!

• 9. Re: how do I locate ISO   files?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

frede

Great follow up news. Looking forward to learning of further developments as your schedule permits.

Best wishes.

ATR