3 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2015 9:27 PM by JimHess

free trial instantly expired

ces67

OK, this is getting frustrating.  I just want to contact someone, anyone, that can help me out.  I had a free trial of Lightroom 5.  Checked it out, liked it, was ready to purchase when the 6 rumor mill began.  So I waited.  Now I want to try 6 so I can decide which to purchase (no student version of 6 doubles the price for me, so it's not an easy decision sight unseen.)  So, my problem is this, the Lightroom CC free trial claims it is expired as soon as it finishes downloading.  I stalked the forums (since there seems no way to directly contact Adobe for this) and tried uninstalling Lightroom 5 and logging out of cloud and back in (I have the free membership, I don't want the CC version, just the stand alone).  When that didn't work I uninstalled the new Lightroom CC as well.  Logged out of cloud then restarted my computer, went back in and resigned in to cloud, reinstalled Lightroom CC and tried again.  Still no joy.  Logging out and back in, restarting everything, nothing works. Program wants me to purchase a license or get a paid cloud membership, but I just want to try Lightroom 6 so I can choose which version I "need".

Help!

• 1. Re: free trial instantly expired
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is only one version that can be purchased from Adobe. And the only freestanding version available is Lightroom 6. There seems to be some real challenges in the way Adobe is trying to steer people towards the creative cloud. You might try initiating a live chat session and see if you can get help that way.

Contact Customer Care

• 2. Re: free trial instantly expired
            ces67 Level 1

If I could figure out the magic combination to get to a chat I would, but all the choices I make under giving them more info to get started lead only to forums.  "Chat" never seems to be a choice.  I have even searched for "chat" and still wind up in the same place.

What do I need to do to get to a "chat"?

• 3. Re: free trial instantly expired
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you click on that first blue highlighted area, the next blue area has a "what are my options" link in it. If you click on that options link you will be able to initiate a live chat on the next screen. I know, things are really hidden. Keep trying, you should be able to find the right link.