3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2015 6:21 AM by A.T. Romano

Photoshop Elements 9:

rachelleb29073681

trying to add audio to the slideshow but error message comes up saying "your system does not have the required compressor/decompressor installed." How do I remedy this?

• 1. Re: Photoshop Elements 9:
          A.T. Romano Level 7

rachelleb

If your program is Photoshop Elements, you have placed your thread in the wrong forum. Some how your thread got posted in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum (video editing). Please re-post your thread in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum.

Photoshop Elements

But, please clarify just where you are creating this slideshow. Are you really in the Elements Organizer 9 Slideshow Editor? I may be able to help you, but first - what are the properties of your audio that you want to add to the slideshow.....mp3, wav, other....is the audio really music from iTunes? You may end up having to convert the audio in iTunes before import into the slideshow project. But the answers will be in the details that you supply wherever you thread ends up.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Photoshop Elements 9:
            rachelleb29073681 Level 1

I'm using photoshop to create a slideshow to then import into premiere. I need the slides to fit the audio. But it is in the Elements Organizer. My audio is in an mp3 format. I have the song on my phone and transfered it onto my computer to use in the slideshow but got that error message. So then I used a SoundCloud converter to get the file, knowing iTunes wasn't an accepted format. I got the same error message that way. I have since ended up using a different song from my phone but if this is a simple fix, I would love to use the original one I wanted. However the party is today so I'm on a time crunch! Thank you for your response! 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 ACTIVE™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

• 3. Re: Photoshop Elements 9:
              A.T. Romano Level 7

rachelleb

Please see if this works for you....

Generally speaking .mp3 format should have been supported by the Elements Organizer 9 Slideshow Editor. The list of supported seems to be

.mp3

.wav

wma

ac3

mp2

m2a

aac

Let us try this....take your mp3 music into iTunes and convert it to the WAV version. The iTunes instructions for doing that can be found in the following link

iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format - Apple Support

If you need help with the conversion method, please let me know and I will clarify anything that needs to be clarified there.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you for the follow up.

ATR

Add On....depending on your results, you can download and install the free codec utility named GSpot and determine the Audio Name and Status.

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

You also need to determine if there is a copyright issue associated with the music.