7 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2015 1:15 PM by A.T. Romano

I lost the left channel of all audit and soundtracks. Premier Elements 13

bertk76790151

After rendering I lost the left channel of all audit and soundtracks. During editing it was working properly; Soundtracks of other Premiere Element (13) projects are still ok so it is only this project; Balance is working.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Bert

• 1. Re: I lost the left channel of all audit and soundtracks. Premier Elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bert

What computer operating system is involved with Premiere Elements 13? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do so. What is the properties of the source of the file(s) involved - brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video audio involved?

To what rendering are you referring - Timeline rendering to get the best possible preview of what is displaying in the Edit area monitor or

render as in export to file saved to the computer hard drive?

Please explain "lost the left channel of all audits and soundtracks

a. Do you mean that you can no longer see two waveforms in the audio representation at the Timeline audio track level after you press the Render button above the Timeline or something else?

b. When you say the Balance is working, where are you observing the Balance reading - in the Audio Mixer or under the Adjust Tab?

Depending on your further details, we could consider

1. Deleting the entire content of the Media Cache Folder (See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks for its location.)

2. Consider applying some appropriate audio effects.

Please review and consider and then we will consider what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I lost the left channel of all audit and soundtracks. Premier Elements 13
            bertk76790151 Level 1

ATR,

First of all thank you for your mail.

After 15 years working (serious amateur) with Pinnacle on Windows I moved to Apple (Imac 5K)  this year and also started to work with Adobe Premiere Elements.

I answered your question below:

What computer operating system is involved with Premiere Elements 13? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do so. What is the properties of the source of the file(s) involved - brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video audio involved?

OS X Yosemite 10.10.2  iMac Retina 5K ‘Processor 3,5 Ghz CoreI5; 24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3; AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2048 MB

Update to 13.1 carried out earlier than sound problems occurred.

Source: Photo and Video of Canon 70D, all HD max quality (Jpeg not RAW); Iphone video shots (5C); Music bought and imported through iTunes.

All through the Organizer; In the Organizer all original music and video’s both sound channels (left and right) are working perfect.

Till a week ago no problem what so ever with sound and audio…  I only added one extra soundtrack (legal bought and imported through iTunes)

To what rendering are you referring - Timeline rendering to get the best possible preview of what is displaying in the Edit area monitor or

render as in export to file saved to the computer hard drive?

Both Timeline rendering and export to HD Blue ray and Mp4 to iMac hard drive

Please explain "lost the left channel of all audits and soundtracks

a.     Do you mean that you can no longer see two waveforms in the audio representation at the Timeline audio track level after you press the Render button above the Timeline or something else?

I still see two waveforms in the audio representation (left and right channel.

When I double click on a soundtrack a small screen is popping up where I can select Set In and Set Out -> and there I do have still full stereo with both channels. So I think both channels are still there…

b.    When you say the Balance is working, where are you observing the Balance reading - in the Audio Mixer or under the Adjust Tab?

Balance is working under the Adjustments tab, although there is nothing to balance since the left channel is not working.

More strange is in the soundtrack you select Volume Level (is working ok) and ; Panner -> Balance  , but there shows no yellow line anymore (I had in the past when it was working ok) to move the Balnce left <-> right;

I think here is the problem, maybe I clicked a wrong setting?

Depending on your further details, we could consider

1. Deleting the entire content of the Media Cache Folder (See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks for its location.)

I did

2. Consider applying some appropriate audio effects.

I applied audit effect ‘Swap channel’ and yes the lost left channel is clear on the right; and the Right channel disappeared in the left….. 

So audio effect apply appropriate.

Old projects still working ok in full stereo so I really expect that I did something wrong within this project.

Again thanks in advance for all your advise, hopefully a solution is nearby 

Regards,

Bert

Van: A.T. Romano 

Verzonden: zondag 17 mei 2015 03:06

Aan: Bert Kempen

Onderwerp:  I lost the left channel of all audit and soundtracks. Premier Elements 13

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7552206#7552206>

• 3. Re: I lost the left channel of all audit and soundtracks. Premier Elements 13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bert

I am going through your issue

1. You do not see the yellow line....here I am assuming that you are referring to the yellow line that runs horizontally across the middle of the audio clip. That yellow line is called the audio clip's rubberband. An audio track has two possible "Audio Track Display Styles"

a. one with a black line that runs horizontally across the middle of the audio clip - no wave form

b. one with the yellow line that runs horizontally across the middle of the audio clip - this display style includes the wave form.

Are you seeing

audioproblem 2.JPG

or

audioproblem1.JPG

This is just an audio display style detail and should not be affecting your left and right channel. You change from one style to the other by clicking on the speaker with music note icon to the left of the word Soundtrack.

This is what I would like you to try (if you have not already)....set the audio clip's Timeline title so that it ends with Panner:Balance. You will probably get a pop up for Show Clip Keyframes. Follow that through to Panner then Balance. Open the Audio Mixer (Tools Menu/Audio Mixer). Have your soundtrack music in soundtrack, start the play back of the audio. Then move the Audio Mixer balance number for the Soundtrack from -100 to 0.0 to +100. Watch the Soundtrack's vertical channel bars to confirm which channel is active as you change the balance setting. Stop the play back, close the Audio Mixer. On the Timeline, do you see ups and downs of white dots (keyframes) to reflect the changes in balance that you made in the Audio Mixer?

Depending on how those results turn out...

a. Is your soundtrack stereo (2 channel) or 5.1 channel

b. Are you working with special music which has the Music Score and SmartSound concept which allows you to alter the duration of the music without affecting the music arrangement?

c. Do you have import issues when you go to import your iTunes music?

d. Please confirm if the problems are confined to Soundtrack and what you place there.

It is normal to double click the Soundtrack content and bring up the Preview Window with the Set In and Set Out points.

Let us determine if any of the above is involved in your issue. Then we will review the results and decide what next.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 4. Re: I lost the left channel of all audit and soundtracks. Premier Elements 13
                bertk76790151 Level 1

ATR,

Thank you for your mail.

Please find my respons below in red.

Regards,

Bert

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7554278#7554278>

• 5. Re: I lost the left channel of all audit and soundtracks. Premier Elements 13
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Bert

Thanks for the reply (4). For some reason the details did not get posted with the reply.

As your schedule permits, could you try again to post the information that did not appear.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: I lost the left channel of all audit and soundtracks. Premier Elements 13
                    bertk76790151 Level 1

ATR,

Thank you for your mail.

Please find my respons below in red.

Regards,

Bert

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7554278#7554278>

• 7. Re: I lost the left channel of all audit and soundtracks. Premier Elements 13
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Bert

Thanks for trying to re-post the response in red that you mentioned. It is not appearing in your reply in the forum.

How are you posting this information - as a screenshot? If so, please review the following post to determine if there is anything in it that will resolve the posting matter.

The specified item was not found.

I do not know if the "red" could be creating posting problems. Perhaps type with the usual black font since your reply (but without that the follow up details) did appear.

Thank you.

ATR