3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2015 1:35 PM by ProDesignTools

Updates

jimmya75602045

I have lightroom 5.2, I get notices that an upgrade is available, but when I click on it I get an error message.

• 1. Re: Updates
          ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hi Jimmy,

The highest you can update your software to for free is Lightroom version 5.7.1. 

The message you receive may have been about Lightroom 6, which is a paid upgrade.

If not, then please post the exact message you received along with some details about your system - thanks!

• 2. Re: Updates
            jimmya75602045 Level 1

I'm trying to update 5.7.1, when I open Lightroom I get a message telling

me there is an update available. When I click to download, I get the

following message.

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this

action. Please install a program, or if one is already installed, create an

association in the default

programs control panel.

I also downloaded 5.7.1 from the web-site, when I tried to install

it, I got a message saying I'm not eligible for this update.

What next? I know if I wanted version 6, I would need to purchase it.

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 8:46 PM, ProDesignTools <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Updates
              ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Are you sure you have Lightroom version 5 now? (Help menu > About Lightroom)

If so, then you would be entitled to update to Lightroom 5.7.1 at no charge, since it's the same major release.

You should be able to download it from the updates page:

Product updates