3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2015 4:29 PM by A.T. Romano

Exiting Premier Elements 13 Does Not Close the Process

Number88Fan

When I exit Premier Elements 13, the screen desappears but the Process in the Windows 7 Task Manager remains. If I then start PreE 13 again and exit it, a second Process remains. I first noticed it while updating PreE 13 upon it's prompt, when a pop-up told me to exit PreE 13 when the update had already closed the screen - I had to close the Process in Task Manager. Is this behavior expected? Do others se the same thing?

• 1. Re: Exiting Premier Elements 13 Does Not Close the Process
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Number88Fan

What computer operating system is involved?

Did the Premiere Elements 13 version open close and reopen without the program closure issue that you now have with 13.1?

Did you install the program to the default location on the Local Disk C (assuming that you are working with a computer with Windows)? What is the save location for your project files (.prel)?

The situation that you describe is not normal.

Please review, consider, and supply more details. A program uninstall, ccleaner run through, and reinstall might be next step.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Exiting Premier Elements 13 Does Not Close the Process
            Number88Fan Level 1

What computer operating system is involved? Windows 7 Ultimate, SP 1

Did the Premiere Elements 13 version open close and reopen without the program closure issue that you now have with 13.1? I never noticed it before this. But it was during the latest update yesterday that I first saw it. I had opened PreE 13 and it suggested an update. I hit the Update Now button, the PreE 13 screen disappeared and then, after some time, a pop-up appeared that said to exit PreE. This is when  I had to go into the Task Manager to close the Process manually and first noticed the problem. So it would appear that I had the problem before this latest update unless the update caused it.

Did you install the program to the default location on the Local Disk C (assuming that you are working with a computer with Windows)? What is the save location for your project files (.prel)? I think I chose the default location. My install folder is: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 13. I save my project files to: C:\Users\DaveBaker\Videos.

Since this is not catastrophic, I would like to make sure it's not a program problem before I uninstall and reinstall.

• 3. Re: Exiting Premier Elements 13 Does Not Close the Process
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Number88Fan

If you want to put off the uninstall/free ccleaner/reinstall for the time being, a worthwhile approach would be to look at your project's Scratch Disk situation.

See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disk. For troubleshooting purposes, point each of the Scratch Disk categories to "Same As Project" in the pop up choices for each, and make sure that the project file (.prel) is pointed to the default location

Libraries

Documents

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder should be the default folders for

Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave

Adobe Premiere Elements Previews

Encoded Files Folder

Layout Folder

Media Cache Files Folder

Styles Folder

and there should be a .log file and the project file (.prel).

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

Add On...please remind me, do you get this same problem if you start new projects?