6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2015 12:04 PM by 12fretter

Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments.

cynthiab59907071 Level 1

I use a Mac book air with Yosemite 10.10.2

I use lightroom with my catalog stored on an external hard drive .  I take photography classes at the local community college and us a mac there also.  When the new lighroom 6 came out I upgraded at home.  At school they were still using lightroom 5.  At school my hard drive was loading very slowly.  Then it froze up and wouldn't eject from the computer. The IT said the hard drive had errors and was able to recover all the photos but my lightroom catalog was shot.  He transferred all the photos (CR2 and JPEG) and some other files I didn't even know where on there, on to a different drive.  When I imported all the photos into lightroom 6 at home all the CR2 files have an exclamation mark with an error:  "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. you will not be able to make adjustments." 

I tried turning off my computed and restarting.  I tried opening the file in Photoshop.  I also got an error there.  "Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file."

I tried removing a CR2 file from the catalog and then synchronizing the folder.  That didn't help either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks