Upload a sample pic to Dropbox (or similar) and post the link here. We can take a look at what might be going wrong.
Hi, I have copied everything from the SD card into the folder. I created a GPD / Altitude log with the Nikon AW130 and made 3 sample shots, that should have GPS and an altitude (both are shown in the camera, but only GPS is visible an the computer).
That folder with all the SD-card contents was very useful. I used the free Exiftool to examine the three .jpgs, and none of them have altitude recorded in their metadata -- the camera isn't recording it. I looked at the camera manual but couldn't find any obvious option that controls whether altitude is recorded, and I couldn't find anything useful when googling "altitude exif aw130". You might look at the manual more careful and/or contact Nikon support.
However, the altitude is recorded in the .log file, which is in NMEA format. I successfully transferred the altitude to the photos in LR using the following recipe:
1. Use the free GPSBabel to convert the log file to GPX format.
2. In the LR Map module, load the GPX track log with Map > Tracklog.
3. Delete the photos' GPS data with Photo > Delete GPS Coordinates.
4. Set the time zone offset of the photos via Map > Tracklog > Time Zone Offset.
5. Map > Tracklog > Auto-Tag Photos.
You could also use a program like Geosetter to do this (you wouldn't need GPSBabel).