10 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2015 2:43 PM by A.T. Romano

Blue Ray burn problem (Adobe Encoder error)

powerpcaa Level 1

Premiere Elements; PC with lots of HD (3T) and RAM (16G), Intel i7 4 Ghz

Created a large 40 min video containing mpg, mov , mp4 and mp3 files. Loaded mpg files at 2000x1500  72 size.

mov is 1920x1080i - mp4 1440x1080i.

The project settings on the video are: 1080i 29.97   1920x1080

I was able to burn a DVD but when I try to burn a blue ray, the PC locks up

The message I get is Adobe encoder problem - property data invalid

I suspect using 2 different video format files [mp4 & mov] (2 separate cameras) is my problem.

Any thoughts on what I can do to allow the burn blue ray feature to work?

Dennis

• 1. Re: Blue Ray burn problem (Adobe Encoder error)
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dennis

What specific computer operating system - what version of Premiere Elements?

What is the Space Required and Bitrate in the burn dialog just before you hit Burn for the burn to Blu-ray?

Do you have a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space"? If the Space Required is under 23 GB, please do the burn to with no check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space".

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Blu-ray Burn Dialog "Fit Content to Available Space" Choice

The description of your issue seems to be fitting what is described in the above link. Let us rule in or out this factor at the onset.

Premiere Elements should be able to handle mixed formats in this instance.

Please review and consider and then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Blue Ray burn problem (Adobe Encoder error)
            powerpcaa Level 1

Win 8   Premiere Elements 12

Space Required 7.48 GB

Bit rate   20.19 MPS

Preset   H.264    1920x1080i   NTSC Dolby

No check on fit content

Ran burn Blue Ray

Encoding menu 1 and 2 of 2 OK

Encoding Media  locked up PC at 8%

On PC

Blue Screen

PC ran into a problem and needs to restart

WHEA uncorrectable error

This time I did not get an error message on Premiere when I reopened  the app after start up the PC. Just a PC crash

Thanks

Dennis Stick

• 3. Re: Blue Ray burn problem (Adobe Encoder error)
              A.T. Romano Level 7

powerpcaa

Thanks for the follow up.

Your details appear OK for the burn to Blu-ray burn dialog (no check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space".) This does not seem like a large project.

Is this the exact same project that you had successfully burned to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc? If so, did the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc

contain the same menus as when you did the burn to disc Blu-ray? If you can spare the Blu-ray disc, try the burn to without the disc menu and Timeline

markers.

a. What Movie Menu....did you go with 1 main menu page and 1 scene selection page? How many Timeline markers? Did you place any stop markers in the Timeline? If so, did you place one at the end of the last item on the Timeline?

b. What brand and type Blu-ray disc are you using? What is the brand of the Blu-ray burner?

In the likelihood that anything changed in your project after the DVD-VIDEO workflow, please open the project to the Edit area and expand the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline. Open and inspect all the Timeline tracks for leftovers and debris, transitions placement, title placements, gaps, etc..

Is this particular issue one where "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" with regard to the burn to Blu-ray?

If none of the above leads us to a solution, the next step would be uninstall, do a free ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Be sure to be running the program as the 12.1 Update. Assure that your computer has the latest version of QuickTime installed and that you are running the program from a user account with administrative privileges.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Blue Ray burn problem (Adobe Encoder error)
                A.T. Romano Level 7

powerpcaa

Thanks for the reply but for some reason the message did not get posted.

Please try again as your schedule permits.

I will check your thread later in the morning to learn of your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Blue Ray burn problem (Adobe Encoder error)
                  powerpcaa Level 1

Is this the exact same project that you had successfully burned to DVD-VIDEO

on DVD disc? If so, did the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc

contain the same menus as when you did the burn to disc Blu-ray?   YES   If

you can spare the Blu-ray disc, try the burn to without the disc menu and

Timeline

markers. (I have not tried this yet)

I just tried burning the DVD again and got the error that you see in the

"error" attachment

a. What Movie Menu....did you go with 1 main menu page and 1 scene selection

page?  Yes; I have a main menu and a scene menu with 3 menu markers plus and

stop marker on the end. How many Timeline markers? Did you place any stop

markers in the Timeline? If so, did you place one at the end of the last

item on the Timeline?

b. What brand and type Blu-ray disc are you using? What is the brand of the

Blu-ray burner?

LG  WH16NS40    don't know the brand of the BR disks

In the likelihood that anything changed in your project after the DVD-VIDEO

workflow, please open the project to the Edit area and expand the Timeline

with the -+ slider above the Timeline. Open and inspect all the Timeline

tracks for leftovers and debris, transitions placement, title placements,

gaps, etc.. There are gaps for some of the video clips   (not all of them)

take a look at the attachment "timeline" I removed the transition on the

video clip on the attachment then rendered but the gap did not disappear.

Where ever I move this clip, the gap appears above it in the timeline!

Finally, I clicked on the video clip with the gap and selected lighting and

auto fix.. then render. The gap filled in.  But it still crashed

Is this particular issue one where "it worked before but not now" or "it

never worked before" with regard to the burn to Blu-ray?  I really don't

remember the last time I used the burner with Premiere.

If none of the above leads us to a solution, the next step would be

uninstall, do a free ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and

firewall(s) disabled.

Be sure to be running the program as the 12.1 Update.   YES 12.1 Assure that

your computer has the latest version of QuickTime using QuickTime pro

version 7.7.6  installed and that you are running the program from a user

account with administrative privileges.

We will be watching for your progress.

I do have a question. I do not know how the rendered files works with the

project. I noticed that some of the rendered files were in an Adobe folder

in the C drive and some are in an Adobe folder in the E drive with the

project file., (the large drive). I placed the Adobe folder in the C Drive

in the trash yesterday. Then I just now thought that this might be causing

some of my problems. I took the deleted folder back out of the trash and

combined the contents into the E drive Adobe folder. Restarted and tried to

burn the blue ray again. Same problem crash the PC.

I Delete the rendered files and opened the project. I then rendered the

entire project and tried burning the Blue Ray disk   .. Same PC crash

Thank you.

• 7. Re: Blue Ray burn problem (Adobe Encoder error)
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

powerpcaa

Just now reading through your latest reply (post 6) and I got stopped by

Yes; I have a main menu and a scene menu with 3 menu markers plus and stop marker on the end.

Please get rid of the stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline. That stop marker is not needed at that location and typically is involved in burn to disc failures. That removal of that particular stop marker may be your major solution. And, remember do not put stop markers in an AVCHD DVD or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc project. Stop markers (wherever you put them on the Timeline of that kind of project) are not recognized by the player of AVCHD DVD or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc). This issue has existed for all Premiere Elements versions that offer these end products. Stop markers (except at the end of the Timeline content) function in the burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD.

I will go back to reading your post 6, but the above factor needs immediate looking into.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Blue Ray burn problem (Adobe Encoder error)
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

powerpcaa

About the files automatically generated during editing the project.

I would leave everything as default until the workflow issues are resolved.

Preview files are automatically created every time you do Timeline Rendering to get the best possible preview of what you are seeing in the Edit area monitor. And, they get automatically stored in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder. The location of that folder is set using Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks under the Video Previews category. For now, my suggested settings for those Scratch Disks and project file are this....

Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks - set all the categories to "Same As Project".

In New Project Dialog (File Menu/New/Project), set project file save location to Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0

or, after a new project opens, go to File Menu/Save As and set the project file name and Save In location to Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0.

More later. Eager to learn of the stop marker results.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 9. Re: Blue Ray burn problem (Adobe Encoder error)
                        powerpcaa Level 1

I have discovered that I have the same problem (crashing) with Lightroom. I called the creative cloud help line for help with Lightroom. He found that I had malware in my PC. He downloaded a program that eliminated the malware. However, there is still a crashing problem. When we look at the task manager while exporting within  LR, the CPU usage is up at 100%, due to a high acecommand.exe usage. This apparently is a file that should run in the background and the total CPU usage should be no more than 75%. He tried a number of “fixes” but it still uses near 100%. He downloaded a number of performance files and is analyzing them

I hope to hear from him in the next hour for a resolution

Bottom line – it appears that Premiere Elements is not the problem. (I have uninstalled the PRE with CCleaner).

I’ll try burning BR after I get the problem fixed and report back to you

Thanks for your support

Dennis

• 10. Re: Blue Ray burn problem (Adobe Encoder error)
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dennis

Thanks for the update.

It is good to learn of the support the you are getting from Adobe on these non Premiere Elements matters. Good news is that it caught the malware issue.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR