2 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2015 7:01 AM by rob day

I am making a new catalog and want to be able to copy and paste color swatches from one indesign file to my new one.  Can the content look great and correct on my screen but actually be losing a lot of information/ resolution in the process?

Caitslin

I am making a new catalog and want to be able to copy and paste color swatches from one indesign cs6 file file to my new one (also indesign cs6).  The copied content contains 4 linked images placed into 4 frames on the original indesign file and a text box with text.  I am new to this and keep reading warnings that copy and paste can produce very unwanted results.  But when I try it it looks like it has copied over everything correctly and the images are appearing in my linked files window from the paste.  I need this content on every page of a long document, if I can copy and paste it will save loads of time.  Is there risk to proceeding this way though?  Can the content look great and correct on my screen but actually be losing a lot of information/ resolution in the process?