after a lot of positive articles about Lightroom mobile I gave it a try for a wedding anniversary but run into a lot of performance issues just working on about 400 photos which made this software unusable for me as a solution to crop & pick JPEG as reference for the RAW files on LR on my Laptop.
My setup is
- D800 shooting Raw & jpeg basic
- JPEG basic transferred to ipad 3 camera roll & imported into LR mobile for crop & WB & pick (2.3 to 2,8 MB files)
- Ipad sync at home with LR on my Laptop over adobe cloud
- JPEG flags are synced to RAW file in LR laptop
Now the performance
- opening any edit function in LR mobile (crop , WB ) takes approx 20-30 sec until the functions is ready to work
- clicking on the next photo in filmstrip .. again 30 sec until crop frame is fully displayed
- syncing 400 photos from LR mobile to LR laptop takes 16 hours ...
Above with a IPAD 3, 2,5 Giga free space and a ADSL network of 1MB up & 19 MB down at home.
So my question is ..is LR mobile too slow on a Ipad 3 or are there any performance settings for optimization ?
Same for Adobe cloud .. 16 hours even with my rather normal ADSL connections for 400 x 2,8 MB files looks very long /
Any suggestion for making this setup a working solution ?