I've spent a few hours with the same problem ... I tried every solution I could read (backgrounds, removing pages, disabling firewall, ...) until I found what was causing the problem in my case :
You may be in the same situation as me if, when you click "Upload" :
- The progress bar on the top left appears but never moves
- Lightroom does not show you a Blurb dialog where you can specify titre, subtitle, and author of the book
- You cannot export any book to Blurb, no matter how much pages
- You can export in PDF
What was causing the problem is that I used Blurb from Lightroom a while ago (2013), and Lightroom was "remembering" my Blurb account, but it seems that the stored information was either corrupted, either not valid anymore. Maybe because of updating to LR5 and then LR6 ...
The solution for me was to open Lightroom preferences file :
- Windows : %appdata%\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences\Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs
- Mac OS : See here : https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-locations-lightroom-4.html
First, close Lightroom.
Then I searched for "Blurb" and I removed these 3 lines :
Blurb_Currency = "EUR",
LayoutModule_blurbUsername = "XXXXXXXX",
["pw_pw_com.adobe.lightroom.layout.blurb_blurb_accounts_generic_username"] = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX",
I saved, started Lightroom, went to a book, clicked on Upload .... and voilà !
Lightroom gave me a dialog to login to Blurb ... I logged in.
Then I had the dialog to enter title, subtitle, and author of the book ... yes !!
And then it started exporting (progress bar and all) and uploading !
I wish this could be useful to others !