4 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2015 8:58 AM by karenk8436650

Re: Lightroom

karenk8436650

I'm so confused!! I have bought every version of LR since the first one (with the exception of version 5, which people didn't seem to much like)...so, I thought I'd check to see if there was a version 6, but apparently, there is only a CC package that includes LR. I don't feel that I need all those other programs in the package. I'm not a pro...I just like the intuitive and easy editing capabilities of LR.  So, is stand-alone LR a goner?

• 1. Re: Lightroom
          Gene McCullagh Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Hi Karen!

It isn't easy!  Go to http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html

When you get there scroll all to way to the bottom of the page and in the lower right you'll see the Lightroom 6 buy button.

2015-05-18_17-32-35.png

You still might want to think about the Photographer's CC plan. It's a real deal at $9.99 a month.

• 2. Re: Lightroom
            karenk8436650 Level 1

Gene: Thank you so much....not sure if it's 'operator error' or because I have a Mac or that I use Chrome as a browser (both of which, I know, can change screen appearance on certain sites), but I don't have the buy now for LR-6 when I scroll down. However, my husband was able to find the LR-6 alone on Amazon. Yay!   I agree that the CC Plan is a great deal. And, honestly, if I ever decided to sell photos, I would be so tempted. I know that most of the younger people in my life do everything on their phones and iPads, too, which appear to be additional benefits of the CC products, but I'm just a dinosaur who takes a ridiculous number of average photos and, while it would be fun (or totally frustrating, I'm not sure!) to learn a whole new set of post-production skills, I think I would mostly be overwhelmed by it. I just need an easy, intuitive program to adjust lighting and to occasionally adjust vibrancy or contrast. I know I don't even use LR to it's full potential. Thank you again for taking the time to answer my question! :-)

• 3. Re: Lightroom
              dj_paige Level 9

The version at Amazon is the full version of LR6, not the upgrade version which you qualify for, and is less expensive than the full version. If you don't see LR6 at that link using Chrome, you might want to consider switching to Firefox or Internet Explorer for 10 minutes to make the purchase, it (probably) won't kill you

• 4. Re: Lightroom
                karenk8436650 Level 1

LMAO, dj_paige!  Oh, fine! I went to Safari and it actually worked! And, thank you for the reminder. I didn't ask my husband if he'd found the full  version vs. the upgrade. Can you see why I don't need the PS and other elements in the CC?! I'd probably implode. PS: why doesn't Chrome play nicely with (apparently) anyone else?!