7 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2015 4:41 PM by A.T. Romano

Downloading more transitions on Premiere Elements 13

keving44853532

Is there anyway of downloading more transitions, effects, texts and titles and etc... as I've just bought premiere elements and it's hasn't given me many options with transitions and everything?

Also, why are the clips on the timeline detached from one another? (not a major, just off putting from the older premieres)

Thanks

• 2. Re: Downloading more transitions on Premiere Elements 13
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Mac or Windows?

Can you show a screenshot of what you have?

• 3. Re: Downloading more transitions on Premiere Elements 13
            keving44853532 Level 1

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 23.19.25.pngMac. but those are the only 9 transitions that come with it, was expecting many more

• 4. Re: Downloading more transitions on Premiere Elements 13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

keving

I suspect that you are in the Quick workspace of Premiere Elements 13. The Quick workspace does not have all the assets that the Expert workspace has.

But, I am going into a fuller description below to give you an overview of the what is regarding Premiere Elements 13 content.

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not please do so?

I ask about the operating system, since Premiere Elements Mac typically has less content than Premiere Elements Windows.

I could understand if you said that you did not like them all, but, for you to write, not many options has me concerned about what you have run into

a. Quick versus Expert workspace

or

b. Some serious download and install issues

In the Premiere Elements 13 Content, Expert workspace, you should expect

Titles & Text

The major categories and number of themes per category are General (9), Entertainment (8), HD Templates (40), Slideshow (1), Happy Birthday (2), Holidays and Events (9), Kid's Corner (5), Memories (5), Movie Genre (8), New Baby (8), Pets (2), Seasons (5), Sports (6), Travel (7), and Wedding (3).

Instant Movie

the major categories and number of themes per category are: Slideshow (2), Event (12), Memories (3), Pets (2), and Style (22).

Audio

Music Score has 7 subcategories and a total of 51 free soundtracks, customizable according to SmartSound concept, but this is not SmartSound . The Music Score subcategories and the number of soundtracks in them are Ambient (6), Atmospheric (8), Blues (2), Country (5), Rock-Pop (22), Urban (4), and Weddings (5).

Sound Effects has 13 subcategories and a total of 268 free sound effects. The Sound Effects subcategories and the number of sound effects in them are Ambience (49), Animals (10), Cartoon Effects (20), Crashes (10), Fire and Explosions (18), Foley (30), Impacts (20), Industry (10), Liquids (10), Science Fiction (30), Technology (30), Transportation (11), and Weather (20).

Graphics

major categories and number of graphics per category are Animals Birds and Insects (13), Animated Objects (18), Baby (21), HD Animations (12), Costumes (39), Thought and Speech Bubbles (24), Food (12), Holidays and Special Occasions (55), Home Items (31), Miscellaneous (67), Music (6), Nature (46), and Sports and Hobbies (15).

Transitions

Expert workspace Transitions has 16 categories and offers 107 Transitions. The 16 categories and the number of transitions in each category are 3D Motion (10), Dissolve (8), Iris (7), Map (2), NewBlue 3D Explosions (8), NewBlue 3D Transformation Elements (6), NewBlue Art Blends Elements (8), NewBlue Motion Blends Elements (7), Page Peel (5), Picture Wipes (3), Slide (12), Special Effects (3), Stretch (5), Wipe (17), Zoom (4), and Audio Transitions (2).

Effects

Expert workspace fx Effects has 21 categories and offers 120 plug fx Effects. The 21 categories and the number of effects in each category are Advanced Adjustments (7), Blur & Sharpen (5), Channel (2), Color Correction (3), Distort (8), Generate (1), Image Control (4), Keying (14), NewBlue Art Effects Elements (9), NewBlue Cartoonr (1), NewBlue Flim Look (1), Perspective (4), Pixelate (1), Render (2), Stylize (10), Time (2), Transform (8), Videomerge (1), Audio Effects (19), Presets (uncounted), and Hollywood Looks (16).

There is more, but I think this gives you an idea of the what is.

Please review and consider, and then we can decide what next if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Downloading more transitions on Premiere Elements 13
                A.T. Romano Level 7

keving

Just as I suspected...you are in the Quick workspace. Please switch to the Expert workspace for the full content.

I did not see your reply with screenshot until after I posted my post 4.

We will be watching for your update.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...As a Mac user (as I can see from your screenshot), you may not have all the content as does the Windows user, even in the Expert workspace.

On example is  keying effects were the Mac user does not have Chroma Key, Green Screen Key, Blue Screen Key. We can discuss that further if that is of interest.

• 6. Re: Downloading more transitions on Premiere Elements 13
                  keving44853532 Level 1

Ahhh, I see! Thanks!

Sorry was sorting out a few other things.

So Mac is restricted to the amount few content on element ?

• 7. Re: Downloading more transitions on Premiere Elements 13
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

keving

There are several items that are Windows Only.

In another forum, the following were the items not found in Premiere Elements Mac

muvipix Community • View topic - What is omitted in the Mac version of Premiere Elements 13?

I am strictly an Elements Windows user who tries to find common ground between Premiere Elements Mac and Windows.

With regard to content that is going to need downloading from within the opened project, the following may be of interest.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: No Content Disc - Content Downloads from Adobe

and for version 13, please refer to the section Part 3 Content in the Premiere Elements 13 First Look blog

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 13 First Look Details

Best wishes

ATR