Hi. I'm a new After Effects user.
After applying the 3D camera and making adjustments, and also making adjustments to an individual items position and orientation in 3D space,
is there way to get one item full screen (and straight at camera) again, other than doing so by "eye"? Is there a feature or math that will get the item back to full screen
as if you didn't apply 3D or or make position changes?
Said another way, if I have several peices of video on screen, turned them all 3D, modified this positions and orientation, then applied a 3D camera and adjusted that
so none of the items are full screen any more, then you want one of them to come back to full screen, can you add parameters values of the item and the camera perhaps to some value
that results in one item at a fulls screen/straight on angle (as if 2D and not touched)?
Thanks in advance for any direction.
The easiest way is to:
- start with your image full screen
- click on the 3D box for that layer
- Add a camera (which uses the current view for it's zoom/position)
- add a null, click on the 3D box for that null
- parent the camera to that null. That null has the same PSR values as the image
Now you can duplicate that image and place around the scene in any position and rotation.
- Then you can copy the PSR values of other images as keyframes to your null and the camera will move to that image and it will be full screen
Hope this helps,
This is great. I appreciate the speedy reply and detail. Thanks so much.