3 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2015 9:01 PM by A.T. Romano

sync audio and video

boafoao26715929

Is there a way to use markers to sync unlinked audio and video files?

• 1. Re: sync audio and video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

boafoao

What version Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Are the video and audio from two separate clips or do you have video and audio derived from unlinking the video and audio from one file?

Assuming the first case....then give this a try....

Double click the audio on Audio Track 1 to bring up the audio's Preview Window with the Set In and Set Out points.

Move the Preview Window's Timeline Indicator from left to right, at each stop right click the Preview Window's timecode bar underneath the Preview Window, select Set Clip Marker, then Unnumberd.

When you get finished with the audio file, close the Preview Window.

Double click the video on Video Track 1 to bring up the video's Preview Window.

Move the Preview Window's Timeline Indicator from left to right, at each stop right click the Preview Window's timecode bar underneath the Preview Window, select Set Clip Marker, then Unnumbered. Close the Preview Window.

Back at the Timeline, the line up the unnumbered audio video markers. The key to the operation will be the fine nudging of the audio video into sync. To do that,

a. hold down the Alt key and tap the right or left arrow key once. One tap = 1 frame nudge.

b. hold down the Shift+Alt keys and tap the right or left arrow key once. One tap = 5 frames nudge.

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Looking forward to your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: sync audio and video
            boafoao26715929 Level 1

Thanks AT. I am running APE 12 using OSX Yosemite.

Im also ununlinking previously synced clips to better sync them.

Does this change the solutions you offered?

thanks so much

• 3. Re: sync audio and video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

boafoao

Thanks for the reply.

My initial look at the idea run into a problem with use of the audio video same file where the unnumbered markers were being placed on the video and audio parts at the same time even if they were unlinked and not directly stacked. In the way that I described (for different source for video and audio), I could place the unnumbered markers separately,  first for the audio and then next for the video.

I will give this another look. In the meanwhile, please explore setting the unnumbered markers via the Preview Window to make sure you are OK with that principle. We will work on how to apply that principle to what you need to be done. Right now I think you could probably make do with just the nudging ideas.

I will report back probably tomorrow morning or, if possible, sooner.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR