12 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2015 1:10 PM by A.T. Romano

Sceneline. Premiere Elemants 10

börjea91393630

Premiere Elements 10. There is not place enough for the scenes i will use, on the scenline. It dos not help scrolling. The scenes are there, but i can not see them. What can i do?

• 1. Re: Sceneline. Premiere Elemants 10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There is no limit to the number of scenes you can add to a Sceneline that I'm aware of.

If you've added them, they are definitely there -- further down the sceneline.

Can you post a screen capture of what you're seeing? We will better be able to advise you if we can see what you're describing.

• 2. Re: Sceneline. Premiere Elemants 10
            A.T. Romano Level 7

borjea

Just how many files did you import into Premiere Elements 10 Sceneline workspace where you find yourself in the situation that you describe? JPEGs or Videos or both?

What is the total duration of the Sceneline workspace's Filmstrip content when the problem hits?

ATR

• 3. Re: Sceneline. Premiere Elemants 10
              börjea91393630 Level 1

I have 1530 scenes (tot. 20 GB). All scenes are on the sceneline. But I

can not se them all.

After a very long time of loading I can see 1230 scenes.

Perhaps the computer has to little capacity.

Hope you can see the enclosed file.

2015-05-19 14:35 skrev Steve Grisetti:

SCENELINE. PREMIERE ELEMANTS 10

created by Steve Grisetti  in Premiere Elements - View the full

discussion

• 4. Re: Sceneline. Premiere Elemants 10
                börjea91393630 Level 1

I have imported 768 scenes (20 GB) from my Panasocic TM700 (AVCHD

video).

After a long time i can see 300 scenes on the sceneline. All scenes are

there, but I can not see them all.

Perhaps have the computer to little capacitet.

A possibility is perhaps to make small films and then put them togeter.

2015-05-20 02:54 skrev A.T. Romano:

created by A.T. Romano  in Premiere Elements - View the full

discussion

• 5. Re: Sceneline. Premiere Elemants 10
                  börjea91393630 Level 1

A correction:

I have imported 768 scenes (not 1530)and i can see 300(not 1230).

I have 1530 scenes (tot. 20 GB). All scenes are on the sceneline. But I

can not se them all.

After a very long time of loading I can see 1230 scenes.

Perhaps the computer has to little capacity.

Hope you can see the enclosed file.

2015-05-19 14:35 skrev Steve Grisetti:

discussion

• 6. Re: Sceneline. Premiere Elemants 10
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

768 scenes? Are these photos or video clips?

If photos, what are the resolutions of these photos. Photos larger than 2000x1500 pixels in size can definitely max out the program.

If video, what model of camcorder is this video from? Premiere Elements works very well with standard AVCHD video -- but other forms of non-standard video (like video from a DVR or video from many still cameras) can challenge the program.

That said, over 500 clips on your Sceneline is a LOT of video or photos, and it could well have maxed out the program or your hardware. Is there a reason you haven't switched over to Timeline mode at this point? It's a much more advanced editing space. Sceneline is really for just hacking together quick movies or doing basic scene arrangement.

• 7. Re: Sceneline. Premiere Elemants 10
                      börjea91393630 Level 1

It is only AVCHD video. Panasonic TM 700.

I will try Timeline.

I have just began using this program, so I am greatfull for all tips.

Thanks very much.

Börje

2015-05-20 14:22 skrev Steve Grisetti:

discussion

• 8. Re: Sceneline. Premiere Elemants 10
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

borjea

Thanks for the reply.

The maximum duration of the Premiere Elements 10 Timeline workspace Timeline is (give and take a few seconds)

23 hours

59 minutes

56 seconds

12 frames

If I take that max'ed out Timeline workspace Timeline and switch to Sceneline workspace, l freeze the project and the computer and need to use Task Manager End Process to be able to use the computer and return to Premiere Elements 10 and start a new project.

If I start to try to determine a max number of scene spaces from the Sceneline workspace side of things, I get no further than a duration of

4 to 8 hours before the project and computer freezes. As this happens I appear to lose all the files that I had already placed in the scene spaces.

One could claim computer resources here, but the Timeline workspace results would refute that. Same max'd out content - just switching workspaces.

But keep in mind that the report above is talking only about placement of files and how many you can place knowing these max limits, Timeline vs Sceneline workspace and not export of files which are likely to get hit a the computer resource restriction. The placement results would suggest that there is a Sceneline workspace limit that does not match that of the Timeline workspace. My max duration results in placement were the same whether I placed video or still files.

As suggested, consider the Timeline workspace instead of the Sceneline workspace. I have often written that it is the preferred workspace since you can see better what you are doing and thus have more control. And, now there may be other factors between the two that you issue points to.

By the way, what was the total duration of the Sceneline Filmstrip content when your issue hits?

ATR

• 9. Re: Sceneline. Premiere Elemants 10
                          börjea91393630 Level 1

ATR

After about 1 hour approximatly, as I can remember.

Börje

2015-05-20 16:02 skrev A.T. Romano:

discussion

• 10. Re: Sceneline. Premiere Elemants 10
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Borje

Thanks for the additional information.

Were you able to manage your Timeline content to a greater extent and better in the Expert workspace of the program?

What would be the details of your processor, the clock speed, installed and available RAM, free hard drive space?

ATR

• 11. Re: Sceneline. Premiere Elemants 10
                              börjea91393630 Level 1

ATR

My computer is an ASUS. Processor: Intel(R)core(TM)i5-2320 CPU @3,00GHz.

RAM 8GB.

C: 223GB. Free space 143GB. Graphic card NVIDA R GeForce R GT530.

I have still not tested Timeline.

Börje

2015-05-21 16:03 skrev A.T. Romano:

discussion

• 12. Re: Sceneline. Premiere Elemants 10
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

borjea

Thanks for the additional information which may bring in additional concerns besides Sceneline or Timeline workspace of version 10.

There is a known problem exclusive to Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce which requires the user to roll back the driver version to May 2013, rather than to update the driver to the latest version. The problem typically presents with display issues and other unexpected program performance.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

I did not see that you mentioned the computer operating system that you are using. If it is Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit, you will probably not be able to resolve the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue since NVIDIA does not offer old drivers old enough. At this time, there might not be old enough drivers available even for Windows 7 64 bit and earlier.

But, what is this NVIDA R GeForce R GT530. Is this the NVIDIA GeForce GT530? I have no information on R GT530. I have not seen any reports that the most recent version of these NVIDIA GeForce drivers now work with 10.

I think the relevance of the above might be ruled in or out by your results working in the Premiere Elements 10 Timeline workspace.

ATR