2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2015 8:36 AM by JimHess

Question about updating to LR6 via download

mitchc31198842

Every since LR2 I have bought the upgrade CD, now since CC came along I can't upgrade the way I am use to. So I have a question about upgrading via the download. If for whatever reason I need uninstall LR6 on my PC, will the same link I downloaded it with the first time still work when I re-install it? The reason I ask this question is because in the past I have had to download other software and when I needed to download it again the link no longer worked and I had to go through customer support which is normally a hassle.

Thanks!!

• 1. Re: Question about updating to LR6 via download
          dj_paige Level 9

So I have a question about upgrading via the download. If for whatever reason I need uninstall LR6 on my PC, will the same link I downloaded it with the first time still work when I re-install it?

Adobe maintains links to each previous version of Lightroom. Better yet, save the downloaded file somewhere where you can find it, and use that.

• 2. Re: Question about updating to LR6 via download
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I haven't even seen the installation of Lightroom 6. But I assume that you install it from the desktop manager. In the future, if you have to remove it from that computer to install it on another computer, you probably just need to sign the application manager which would deactivate that installation of Lightroom. Then you would just install the usual way on the new computer. I say "probably" because there seems to be new surprises every day with this Lightroom 6 installation issue. If you want to try to get a more reliable answer, you might try initiating a live chat with Adobe. Just click on the big blue bar and you will be directed to a screen where you can initiate a live chat:

Contact Customer Care