3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2015 12:52 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements Black out

paulb65015247

I am in the trial period for Premiere Pro as well as Premiere Elements.  I was just about finished a video last night using Premiere Elements and for some reason my whole movie has blacked out.  The timeline still shows the clips and the sound tracks show up as well but nothing on the screen.  It happened around the time i was trying to insert a title page and some other text.  Thank you.  Paul

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements Black out
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Paul

On what computer operating system do you have Premiere Elements 13? Did you update 13 to 13.1 yet?

Even though you cannot see the video portion of the file in the Edit area monitor, can you hear the sound when you do the playback of the Timeline in the Edit area monitor?

What happens if you remove the title page and text from the Timeline content? Does that restore your video audio playback in the monitor?

Is there an orange line over the Timeline content? If so, what happens when you press the Render button above the Timeline?

Can you open a new project and have video and audio presenting in the Edit mode monitor?

If you double click one of the files on the Timeline, does the Preview Window open and do you see your video there?

The answers to all of the above should give us a profile to work with for the troubleshooting. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements Black out
            paulb65015247 Level 1

Hi ATR

I'm using Windows 8 on a brand new Lenovo.

I didn't update Elements but I just downloaded that trial version yesterday.

Yes I can hear the sound on plyback of the timeline

I"ll take a look for the orange line and your other questions and suggestions. 

Thanks!.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements Black out
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Paul

Thanks for checking out the suggestions.

Please let me know the outcome. If it turns out that none resolve the issue, we will decide what next.

ATR