3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2015 7:22 AM by A.T. Romano

why cant i upload an Adobe project to Youtube?

eh10867468

why cant i upload an Adobe project to Youtube

• 1. Re: why cant i upload an Adobe project to Youtube?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

eh

Please do not duplicate thread. That is confusing to you as well as to those trying to reply.

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Have you gone into preferences and refreshed the Online Services? What error message(s) are you getting for the failed upload? At what stage of the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature is the uploading failing?

What is the duration of the Timeline that you are trying to upload and what are the properties of that Timeline content?

Can you export your Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then upload that file from there to YouTube at the YouTube web site?

Depending on what version of Premiere Elements that you have, that file for export could be an AVCHD.mp4 file....

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = an appropriate MP4 preset (examples, MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30 or YouTube Widescreen HD).

Please review and consider, and then we will decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: why cant i upload an Adobe project to Youtube?
            eh10867468 Level 1

Sir Romano

The version is Adobe Premiere Elements 13 .

Adobe Runs on Microsoft Windows 7; 64 bitt

Error message:

File format is not recognized.

I did the program last month Purchased and geupdatted .

On the timeline , the 3 Minutes

Grt,

Egbert Hermens

Van: A.T. Romano 

Verzonden: dinsdag 19 mei 2015 23:02

Aan: E Hermens

Onderwerp:  why cant i upload an Adobe project to Youtube?

why cant i upload an Adobe project to Youtube?

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7561151#7561151>

• 3. Re: why cant i upload an Adobe project to Youtube?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

eh

Thanks for the reply with additional details.

If the Social Websites/YouTube is telling you "File Format Not Recognized", then we must get the details (properties) of what you have put on the Timeline for upload to YouTube using the Premiere Elements 13 built in YouTube feature. And, what are you selecting as the preset under Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube?

But, the problem is likely with YouTube and not the Premiere Elements feature. The problem that you report has been reported for YouTube uploads even when Premiere Elements is not involved.

Google Groups

This particular report that I found goes back to 2012. So, its relevance today 2015 might be questioned. But, there is the possibility that this problem has surfaced again.

You could consider creating a new Premiere Elements project and trying the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature again.

Also you should try exporting your Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then uploading that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site to determine if that can be done successfully whereas the Premiere Elements way cannot. Please refer to my previous comments on the use of Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with the appropriate MP4 choice of preset.

Lots of factors to explore and rule in or out.

If any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR