3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2015 3:04 PM by Daniel Sterchi

Table style won't apply

Hewer1 Level 1

I have a number of tables already created in an existing document that haven't had any table or cell styles applied to them already.  I've created a table style (it only consists of alternating row fills), but it won't apply to the existing tables.  I've tried selecting all the cells of the tables, and just setting the cursor in the existing table, but the alternating fills don't apply.  The Table Style panel shows that the style has been applied, but there's no visible difference. Newly created tables have the proper style, but I don't want to have to re-create all the existing tables.

I haven't worked with tables very much, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

• 1. Re: Table style won't apply
          Daniel Sterchi Adobe Community Professional

Hi Hewer1

I just tried that again with my InDesign CC 2014. It worked like it should. Which version of InDesign do you have?

When you look at the applied style is there a "+" sign behind the table style? You probably checked this already, but just in case.

kind regards

Daniel (from Switzerland)

• 2. Re: Table style won't apply
            Hewer1 Level 1

Thanks for the reply

I'm using InDesign CC 2014 also.  There is no "+" sign by the style name (which means that a cell style has already been applied, right?)

More information if it helps:

The current document was created out of a "save as" from a previous document.  So, I did a "save as', gave it a new name, then deleted un-necessary elements and pages to easily have the same formatting and master page.  The tables in question were created within InDesign (so, not imported from Word or anything), and the only changes made to the original tables were to remove the border stroke and cell strokes.  I believe there has been a recent update to InDesign that allows you to create tables directly instead of creating a text box and insert a table into that.  These tables were created before that update.

I created a table style which is alternating row fills.  I'm then trying to both select all the cells in an existing table, and placing just a cursor into an existing table, then selecting the style in the table styles panel.

Thanks

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Table style won't apply
              Daniel Sterchi Adobe Community Professional

Can you provide me a link to the document so I can have a look at it?

kind regards

Daniel (from Switzerland)