• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have older T1 fonts I used with Windows XP. My new computer is Windows 8.1. When I try to install the fonts from my disk, I get these error messages: "cannot install AGD_.AFM the file does not appear to be a valid font and AGD_.PFB cannot be installed

New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows asks me to install the associated PFM files. I dont have PFM files. What should I do? The files I have are dated from 1993.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

To install PostScript Type 1 fonts on Windows PCs, you will need the *.pfb and corresponding *.pfm-files. Adobe Type Manager used to create the *.pfm-files automatically. Have a look in your old Windows-XP-font directory for them. If you don’t have the *.pfm-files, you can use the *.afm and *.inf-files to create them. There is a free tool called “afm2pfm” for this purpose. I have sent you a PM.

Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To install PostScript Type 1 fonts on Windows PCs, you will need the *.pfb and corresponding *.pfm-files. Adobe Type Manager used to create the *.pfm-files automatically. Have a look in your old Windows-XP-font directory for them. If you don’t have the *.pfm-files, you can use the *.afm and *.inf-files to create them. There is a free tool called “afm2pfm” for this purpose. I have sent you a PM.

Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines