2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2015 4:54 PM by gazz_za

Different colour cast in Develop and Navigation Modules

gazz_za

Hello,  I am having trouble with the colour cast shown in the photos I process in the develop module and the result I get when that photo is exported.  I am using Sony raw files.  They are developed and exported but show a different (more yellow) colour cast in the exported version to what I see in LR.  I am using the standard windows viewer - which I understand may show colours differently to LR, but I recently upgraded from LR3 to LR CC and didn't have this issue in LR3.  The Navigation module also shows the same colour cast as the exported photo.   All photos are viewed on the same monitor so don't believe it is a calibration issue.  If the Navigation module was the same as the Develop I would presume it is the difference between LR and Windows Viewer.

• 1. Re: Different colour cast in Develop and Navigation Modules
          D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If Develop and Library display differently you have a broken monitor profile. Recalibrate.

gazz_za wrote:

All photos are viewed on the same monitor so don't believe it is a calibration issue.

This is a common misunderstanding. Aside from adjusting basic parameters in the monitor, the calibration process also produces a profile, which is a complete and detailed description of the monitor in its now calibrated state. The profile is much more detailed than the calibration.

This profile is used by color managed applications only, in a standard profile conversion. These converted RGB values are sent to the display. Apps that are not color managed ignore the profile and just send the RGB numbers straight and unmodified to the display.

• 2. Re: Different colour cast in Develop and Navigation Modules
            gazz_za Level 1

Thanks.  Did the calibration and it looks much better.  Appreciate the quick assistance.