3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2015 2:39 AM by wobertc

I have a problem with a photo resolution in my photo album

chadiel93428151

Hi all,

I am working a photo album. I have high resolution photos that I am working with but to add more, I have also done screen shots of a video (from a Professional videographer). Problem is that these screen shots are 65 ppi and not high resolution enough to be a big format in my photo album. I can only put them in small format.

Anyone knows how in Lightroom I can change the resolution of the photo?

Or does anyone know a good screenshot software that does high resolution photos?

You help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Chadie

• 1. Re: I have a problem with a photo resolution in my photo album
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

You have several things to consider-

1. Screen clips only record the screen pixels, hence the limited ppi. Any screenshot procedure will create the same result.

2. The video may only be low resolution. So magnifying on your monitor [CTRL+"+"] will only 'blur' the image. (Although your screen-clip will contain more pixels for a higher ppi)

3. Your image at 65ppi may be the best you can achieve in the album. Even re-sizing in Photoshop to a larger size will have an effect similar to that in 2.- a blurred image no better than the original.

• 2. Re: I have a problem with a photo resolution in my photo album
            chadiel93428151 Level 1

Thanks for your reply,

And do you think it won't print well on my photo album if I leave it in full size page regardless of the low resolution ?

• 3. Re: I have a problem with a photo resolution in my photo album
              wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Here is a suggestion- Maybe your "screenshots" are already using this method? I didn't learn this from your original post!

Play the video in software that will allow you to take a "snapshot" using the video player interface (not a screen dump or screen-clip). This will produce an image that is the exact same pixel size as the video (eg. 1080x720) regardless of monitor screen size.

I know that VLC Player (VideoLan) can do this. On the VLC menu > Video > Take Snapshot. (options for png jpg tif)

This is the best resolution you will get from the video.

Re-sizing larger with Re-sampling in Photoshop may be of use if it can do a good job.

Try viewing your image in the LR book module, single page at 1:1, you may be surprised that a low ppi will still give an acceptable print in an album.