• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change main.far for Livepkgr application

Explorer ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej, we are currently trying to realize mobile webstreams for our customers. So far I realized a scenario, where my custom cam application connects to the livepkgr application as well, which starts recording the stream and publish HLS video files. What we are doing in our main application (flash based player), are some billing intervals, checkins against database and so on. So in my understanding, we have to implement some of these needed functions in the livepkgr application as well, because the client will directly call the mobile stream url, without any flash. So there will be no communication to our custom application at all, am I right? So I´ve tried to simply replace the main.far with a customized main.asc (unpacked the archive before to get the original main.asc). But now, when I want to test the scenario again, the connection is rejected by the livepkgr application. It say´s that the main.asc ist not signed. Is there any way to archive this? Or would it be enough to extend my existing application (main.asc) in the way the livepkgr Application records the streams to not use two applications for desktop / mobile outputs? Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance, Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

For anybody who will have the same issue (info: you dont find any information on that).

The by default deployed livepkgr ist signed by Adobe. You have to copy the sample/livepkgr as you new application where you can edit the main.asc as everytime.

Adobe: Please provide some of these information in your documentations!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a zip file. Rename to zip, extract main.asc file and use it by removing main.far.

You can also extend your custom app with HLS feature from livepkgr app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej Stan, thanks for your reply. Actually thats what I tried. But it does not work. Always says that it has to be signed. However when we copy the Sample/Livepkgr Application, a main.asc automatically is provided. So this works!

What are the steps to provide HLS Feature to my custom application? Am I right that I only have to do the recording? I tested it like this:

1.      var s = Stream.get("f4f:" + streamObj.name);
  2.      s.liveEvent = "paddelive1";
  3.      var recordMode = "record"; // nicht appenden! damit immer das aktuelle bild nur übertragen wird
  4.     if(!s.record(recordMode))
  5.     {
  6.         s.trace("record failed.");
  7.     }
  9.     s.play("live"+client.amateurid,-1,-1);

Actually a event is raised on the server, but there a no meta data provided in the streams folder (compared to my livepkgr tests). Any tips?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You can put metadata by yourself {appName}\events\_definst_\paddelive1\Event.xml. Copy from livepckgr. No need to put Metadata.xml. But I think that's optional.

2. As HLS stream will show your rtmp stream, then need to write s.play(streamObj.name,-1,-1); If you want to change HLS stream name - change it in Stream.get("f4f:" + "some-hls-stream-name");

3. I found FMS live HLS packaging very frustrating . Or HLS very frustrating... Also audio not supported. RTMP passes Speex and HLS requires AAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Okay, I will try that. But unfortunately I compared the files created on the server from my version and the livepkgr application, when streaming over the flash media live encoder. So it looked a bit different and I thought, this could be the reason why no data are provided over the HLS Url. So the only working stream (over HLS url) was when I used the flash media live encoder instead of my custom application.

2. Alright

3. In deed it is. No good documentation, no good community support at all! It is very frustrating ... Audio was not an topic for me right now. But as I read all the sources on the internet, I thought it is only a problem with the H264 Codec. However, do you provide HLS streams in an other way?

Best,

Patrick

____ Update _____

So I have tested the recording over my custom application (camchatdev) as the following:

s.play(streamObj.name, -1,-1);

Now here is what is going on on the server:

adobe_streamdata1.png

/applications/camchatdev/events/_definst/

adobe_streamdata2.png

/applications/camchatdev/streams/_definst_/

As you can see, the generated stream file is not like my other test files, where I used this recording (Stream.get("f4f:" + streamObj.name); INSTEAD OF Stream.get(streamObj.name);).

The stream URL should look like this:

http://server/hls-live/camchatdev/_definst_/paddelive1/kS8rvKROqB.m3u8

Any help would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use f4f stream prefix for sure for HLS.

I didn't put attention to files created. Try to to play your url with VLC.

Other way to get HLS stream from RTMP is to use FFMPEG+NGINX

streaming - How can we transcode live rtmp stream to live hls stream using ffmpeg? - Stack Overflow

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I added f4f prefix to my HLS transformation. But finally it is not working.

Just in case, even if you do not put a lot attention to files created. This it what it looks like for me:

Application - Livepkgrdev (copied from examples/livepkgr) - Connecting over Flash Media Live Encoder to this application.

This folder ( livepkgrdev/streams/_definst_/streamname/ ) contains several "meta" files, which I mentioned some post ago.

streamname.bootstrap

streamname.control

streamname.meta

streamname.f4f

streamname.f4x

The event folder just contains a xyz.stream file.

However, running the stream via the HLS url works like a charm.

Now in my custom Application:

Application - camchatdev (complete custom one) - Recording stream when rtmp stream is provided by our flash client.

All the meta files in /camchatdev/stream/_definst_/streamname/ are missing!!!

The event folder looks good and contains the .stream file!

So when I now try to fetch the HLS url, it response with an 404. So in my understanding, the meta files should be a problem here. Because all other folders look good, compared to the livepkgrdev application.

It´s very frustrating 😕 Hope you maybe have a hint even if you are not that familiar with the files been created.

FFMPEG + NGINX are currently no solution for us. We want to implement it with the AMS server, however it should provide these feature.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However I managed it to create some more files now.

But now I just get an empty player on the m3u8 Url. If I go into the AMS admin console, and press "play stream" I got my picture of the stream. But the m3u8 Request ends up with an empty player control bar.

Any ideas?

I am close to buy a wowza server because it´s more than annoying you don´t get any further informations to that topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anybody who will have the same issue (info: you dont find any information on that).

The by default deployed livepkgr ist signed by Adobe. You have to copy the sample/livepkgr as you new application where you can edit the main.asc as everytime.

Adobe: Please provide some of these information in your documentations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines