3 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2015 7:43 AM by susanp31490394

Question

susanp31490394

In May 2015, I received a message on my computer that an update to Adobe® Flash® Player is available. Before I install this update, I need to know: Is this latest update compatible with my Mac OS X Version 10.6.8?

• 1. Re: Question
          flyingj481 Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

You can check here and get any updates you may need: Adobe - Flash Player

• 2. Re: Question
            m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi susanp31490394,

Yes, the latest Flash Player update is compatible with OS X 10.6.8.  However, the online installer is not.  It's not supposed to be offered on OS X 10.6 systems, but we've heard reports that some users are getting it (this is being looked into).  As such, you may want to download the offline installer, posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

• 3. Re: Question
              susanp31490394 Level 1

I don't know what to do and I need assistance. Ever since I installed Adobe Flash Player version 17.0.0.188 (on 5/19/15), I have been having trouble with Adobe Flash Player (i.e., no sound). I uninstalled version 17.0.0.188, and installed version 12.0.0.77, but I continue to have no sound.

Last year, when I had a problem installing an update of Adobe Flash Player, I contacted Adobe Customer Service (1-800-833-6687) on 4/14/14. My   Case Number is: 0185382524. At that time (in April 2014), I was told that the iMac computers manufactured in 2006 & 2007 have a flaw, which is why Adobe Flash Player Version 13 did not work. I was led through the steps of installing Version 12. Everything worked fine until I tried to download the most updated version of Adobe Flash Player (Version 17) on 5/19/15. There are a variety of unrelated reasons that I am not able to update the operating system on my iMac, so I need to figure out a way to restore Adobe Flash Player on my computer so that I can hear it.

Other than your response, I haven't found any help through the Forum. I am hoping that I can talk with someone on the phone who can lead me through the steps to correct the problem.