7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2017 3:53 AM by tmbdp

Media off-line notice = making me insane

TannaCoolStuff

I have a brand new elements 13 video software and it's so defective I want to punch it and throw it over a building and then smash it into pieces. But then I'm like, wait, I paid 70 bucks for this. So it should work perfectly and there must must must be a solution. Every time I put new files for a film project into the time line I save it and I render it every couple minutes. However, the files don't save well and when I open up the project again I have a media off- line notice. In other words, the application is losing my content even after I save it and it's VERY frustrating.  I am SOOOO unhappy with my product. I need a solution as immedatly as possible or I WANT my money BACKK so I can go back to FCP.

• 1. Re: Media off-line notice = making me insane
          A.T. Romano Level 7

TannaCoolStuff

Do not give up just yet.

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on? Since you mention FCP, does that mean Mac?

After you save close a project and reopen it, are you getting "Where is the file _____?" messages. If so....

a. Did you move, delete, or rename and files and folders that went into the project after you saved closed the project? When you import media into Premiere Elements, all you get are copies of the originals which are saved on the computer hard drive. The project needs to trace back to those originals at their hard drive save location.

b. Where do you store the files that you are importing into the project? If an external hard drive, is the drive formatted correctly for your computer? Is the external hard drive malfunctioning?

Keep in mind that every time you render the Timeline content to get the best possible preview, the project is generating automatically preview files which are eating up hard drive space. But, we can explore that later. Main thought now is that you are not doing any files and folders moving, deleting, or renaming.

You can use those "Where is the file _____?" messages to reconnect project with files. But, you do need to know where the files are? Do they still exist in their hard drive save location? If so, you point each and every message to the correct location for the file that the message is asking for. If you get lucky, complying  with one message may trigger reconnects for more than one at a time.

Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Media off-line notice = making me insane
            TannaCoolStuff Level 1

YUHSSS

In the words of Freddie from School of Rock, "Ms. Mullins, you're the man".

• 3. Re: Media off-line notice = making me insane
              A.T. Romano Level 7

TannaCoolStuff

Thanks for the reply.

Does this mean that all is well and you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements workflows? Hope so, since there are a lot of great projects for you to create and share.

Looking forward to learning of your progress as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Media off-line notice = making me insane
                TannaCoolStuff Level 1

Yes, it is true that your help has afforded me the ability to locate the lost files and start my project once again as it was when I left it last a couple days ago.

I was definitely a bit dramatic in my original message considering how easy the fix was. So thanks for your grace!

Blessings,

Tanna

• 5. Re: Media off-line notice = making me insane
                  TannaCoolStuff Level 1

Yes, it is true that your help has afforded me the ability to locate the

lost files and start my project once again as it was when I left it last a

couple days ago.

I was definitely a bit dramatic in my original message considering how easy

the fix was. So thanks for your grace!

Blessings,

Tanna

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 11:19 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 6. Re: Media off-line notice = making me insane
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Tanna

Wonderful news. You did a great job sorting through the details to gain your success. Dealing with the missing media issues is not the easiest of Premiere Elements troubleshooting. You did well.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: Media off-line notice = making me insane
                      tmbdp

I am also having problems with media off-line files, I had created a huge video for my mom, then my computer crashed, I brought it in and they fixed it, now when I bring up the video all media, some scores and music show off-line, it would take forever to find each file separately, I am very frustrated, any idea's? Thanks