18 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2015 3:24 PM by sissy@54

Not able to work in real time.

sissy@54

ATR,

I am working on a PC, Windows 7, operating system 13, video card Quadro K2000 version 348.07, memory 32 GB and 64bit. My videos will not run in real time on this new computer. It installed fine and I can see all my videos and graphics I created in the timeline but when I play the video it doesn't play. It stays on the first image. Is my video card causing the problem?

thanks

sissy

• 1. Re: Not able to work in real time.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

sissy

Is the video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

If it is, we could look at deleting the BadDrivers.txt file. Please refer to the details for doing that for your version 13.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: BadDrivers.Txt File Locations

But, before we get into that

1. Deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (known as the preferences or setting file)

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

2. Is there an orange line over your Timeline content when the Timeline Indicator gets stuck at the beginning of the Timeline? Also, has the Timeline Indicator been working before? Does it work in a new project?

Let us start here. Then we will decide what next based on your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Not able to work in real time.
            sissy@54 Level 1

ATR,

I forgot to mention I am using Adobe Elements 10. sorry I am new to this forum stuff. will anything you said above change if I am using version 10?

sissy

• 3. Re: Not able to work in real time.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

sissy

BadDrivers.txt instructions for 10 instead of 13 should be used in the BadDrivers.txt blog link.

Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file deletion details...just replace the 13.0 in the details with 10.0.

In Premiere Elements 10 and earlier, the render indicator line is red instead of orange.

Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce is a known problem. I have not seen any issues with Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA Quadro. But, good to know in case we run out of troubleshooting paths.

Looking forward to your results. Thanks for writing to ask for clarification. Glad for the opportunity to clarify.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                sissy@54 Level 1

ATR,

I've deleted both the BadDrivers.txt file and the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and the driver is the latest for the Quadro K2000. I restarted the computer and created a new quick video with two Photoshop graphics and 2 movie clips. The new video seems to work but the quality is poor in viewing. Also one of the Photoshop graphics I created looks really bad when I placed it in the video. When I clicked on it to go to the original Photoshop file it looks good. I went ahead to make it a mpg file to test and it works but the quality is bad. One Photoshop image looks really good but the other one looks bad. 

I tested all the other videos I created and they still do not play in real time and have poor quality. I can't see the image of the video I am playing at the time unless I click in the preview window at the top then I only see a still image but not the video actually playing. I think I have multiple things going on. I didn't have any of these problems until I got this new computer. Thank you so much for trying to figure this out. I am not getting any help from my MIS department that installed all this stuff and I have projects that need to be worked on.

sissy 

• 5. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

sissy

Thanks for the reply. Let us see what we can do to improve your project quality issues.

Can you post the details

a. What are your project settings (project preset that you or the project set) for your new project?

If you are not sure, please tell us what you see under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if the fields look grayed out).

b. What are the properties of what you are putting on the Timeline?

For video sources....video compression, audio compression, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, and pixel aspect ratio...also bitrate.

For photo sources...pixel dimensions and how many photos.

With this type of question for video, sometimes we can get all the information that we need by knowing the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video.

Once we are sure that the import settings are optimal, then we will go over the export settings - Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG or other. You may or may not be selecting a low resolution export.

Looking forward to getting this project to work for you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                    sissy@54 Level 1

ATR,

So sorry for the long delay. I have been out of the office and just now able to get back to this problem. Here is
                    all the information. I inserted a pdf. Hopefully I did it right so you can see all the settings that were used.

Thank you for your help. Sissy

• 7. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

sissy

Thanks for the follow up.

The pdf with your information did not post. Any way to get it in a jpg format and try again.

The specified item was not found.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                        Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try updating your graphics card first.

• 9. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                          sissy@54 Level 1

ATR,

Here are the jpgs of all the settings and properties. I should mention the tua clear graphic I am using as an overlay on the M2U00029.MPG videoimported graphic 1.PNGimported graphic 2.PNGimported video 1.PNGimported video 2.PNG

SissyProject Setting for Video.PNG

• 10. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                            sissy@54 Level 1

Ann,

I was told this was a great graphics card (Quadro K2000 with the latest driver). Do you know anything about this card not working with Elements 10? What graphics card would you suggest?

Thank You

Sissy

• 11. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am not sure but I dont think thats the latest driver. The computer might be new but drivers are usually not up to date.

I am not saying the Quadro wont work with Elements but I would have gone for a gtx card. Less expensive and more powerful.

But then again I dont realy use Elements, just teach people how to use it.

Anyway you project is set to 4:3 as your footage is 16:9 or Elements is interpreting it wrong.

To be sure download MediaInfo Windows to analyze a clip and post a screenshot in treeview.

Also scale down your psd and jpeg down to say half.

See if that will work.

• 12. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Ann Bens

Regarding your post 8 suggestion to sissy...

Please refer to my post 1

Is the video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

If it is, we could look at deleting the BadDrivers.txt file. Please refer to the details for doing that for your version 13.

And sissy's reply in post 4

I've deleted both the BadDrivers.txt file and the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and the driver is the latest for the Quadro K2000.

ATR

Add On...The NVIDIA Quadro K2000 driver version K2000 appears to be dated April 30, 2015. Have you found an update of the driver version from April to June?

• 13. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

sissy

Thank you for posting your screenshots - very helpful.

According to Premiere Elements 10 Properties for your MPEG2.mpg video source you have a widescreen 16:9 file not standard 4:3.

See the pixel aspect ratio = 1.2121 which is indicative of the NTSC widescreen 16:9. The stills are 4:3. The default project preset for Premiere Elements 10 is NTSC DV Standard 4:3, so I think that is how you ended up with the NTSC DV Standard project preset (4:3).

For the project setup, I would ask you to open a new project and in the New Project dialog, set for NTSC DV Widescreen.

Your video properties will then be consistent with the project preset.

But, then you have stills which have an aspect ratio of 4:3, not 16:9. In this situation, I would

a. beforehand crop the stills to 16:9  Do you have Photoshop Elements Editor to do the cropping? We could talk about this cropping next.

or

b. import them as is into the project and then scale them in the Edit area monitor to the point where black borders are not seen - if you do not want black borders.

Render the Timeline if indicated by any red line over Timeline content. Do you still have the display issue?

Your goal should be source media, project preset, and export settings with a consistent aspect ratio.

With regard to your display issues...very important...are they "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before". Consider - the most recent driver update causing problems and a driver version roll back possible indication - or need for a more extensive search for a more recent driver up date than April 2015. Typically the deletion of the BadDriver.txt file (when the driver is up to date) is the solution for many display issues.

Please review and consider. Then we can decide what next based on your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 14. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

sissy

Just quick add on question or two....

a. Please remind me....what is the complexity of the rendered Timeline content - have you applied a lot of effects to videos and stills? And, if effects, which ones?

b. If you start a new project, do the problems always repeat in the new project(s) with a variety of source media?

ATR

• 15. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                                      sissy@54 Level 1

ATR,

This is the first new video I created with just transitions and one graphic overlaying a video. Nothing fancy. I am just trying to get something to work.

I recreated the video trying to make everything widescreen. The video works but the quality is still really bad. when I pause the video the quality becomes better but then I play it again and it goes back to poor both the images I imported and the videos themselves. When I export it to a mpg It now looks good.

In my next step I will try and relook at the drivers and let you know. Not sure what a driver version roll back is. I assume it is using one of the older version drivers I once used?

Sissy

• 16. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                                        sissy@54 Level 1

ATR,

I just loaded version 13 and it works great. I have no issues with any of my videos so who knows what could have caused all the problems. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out. I greatly appreciate it.

Sissy

• 17. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

sissy

Good to learn of your success with Premiere Elements 13. If you have not already, consider updating 13 to 13.1 using an opened project Help Menu/Updates. First review

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: Adobe Releases Premiere Elements 13.1 Update

Sorry for the delays in the exchanges of posts. I think that your thread got lost in the thread traffic.

I re-read your thread just now, and I am wondering if success with 13 was related to getting Premiere Elements 10 away from a computer using a NVIDIA video card/graphics card. The specific issue of Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce is well known. But, I am wondering if there is a similar specific Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA Quadro issue as well? The answers then would have been to

a. roll back the driver version

b. go to a later version of Premiere Elements

c. change the video card/graphics card on the computer

Whatever the case, the great news is that you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements project. Always great new.

And, thanks for letting us know the outcome and staying with the troubleshooting. Great job.

Best wishes

ATR

• 18. Re: Not able to work in real time.
                                            sissy@54 Level 1

ATR,

Yes I think you are right about the video card. That was going to be my next plan of action to replace. The cheapest was to just update the program then try the video card.

If I have any more problems I know where to go. This is the first time I've used the forums and they are great.

Thank you once again.

Sissy