3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2015 11:02 AM by A.T. Romano

webcam drive error

dlo1586 Level 1

Hello, I would like to record a short video using the webcam on my surface pro 3 using premiere 13. When i press the capture menu it tells me there is a drive error in the upper left corner of the window. It will show the video feed until i press capture and my webcam works fine with other applications. why is this? i have updated and the problem still exists. please help. thanks

• 1. Re: webcam drive error
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dio

I suspect that the issue goes to the compatibility of Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and Premiere Elements 13.

You realize that Premiere Elements 13 does offer an Add Media/Webcam or WDM (Captures video from a webcam or WDM compatible device) but there is no more Timelapse Capture (Stop Motion).

Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet? If not, please do so using Help Menu/Updates in an opened project, and determine if this make any difference in your situation.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: webcam drive error
            dlo1586 Level 1

ATR

The first thing i did after install was update to 13.1 (yesterday) and thought this would fix the issue but it did not. I use the add media and go to the webcam or wdm option. The box pops up to record and the preview image is available. Then when i click the record button (capture) it tells me there is a drive error and goes black. above the preview screen is where it says "no device control" not sure if this has anything to do with it.  here is what i am looking at. thank you for your reply!

premiere problems.JPG

• 3. Re: webcam drive error
              A.T. Romano Level 7

dlo

Thanks for the reply with screenshot.

Just in case question...does the webcam work on the Surface Pro 3 with software that might have come with webcam?

Is there any possibilities of updating the webcam driver version - device manager/imaging devices/Microsoft LifeCam or obtaining some type of legacy driver? The best source in this situation would be checking with Microsoft directly about the latest driver update situation for the webcam.

Please review the following from a Microsoft Community Forum

camera on surface pro 3 - Microsoft Community

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR