4 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2015 12:05 AM by 99jon

Why can't I upgrade top LR6?

robertg13824224

I am a paid up subscriber to CC Photography Package but cannot upgrade to LR 6 (LR CC 2015). I have spent a while with "online chat" and the guy just completely missed the point.

How do I upgrade to LR6? Is it worth the effort?

• 1. Re: Why can't I upgrade top LR6?
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi,

First of all, you need to make sure Lightroom CC(2015) is downloaded and installed on your machine. If not, you can open Creative Cloud App from your programs or applications list and click on Apps panel and install Lightroom CC(2015) from there.

After installation, when you will launch Lightroom CC(2015) for the first time, it will ask you to upgrade your previous Lightroom catalog to CC(2015) version and you may choose the option to upgrade the catalog.

Regards,

Chetna

• 2. Re: Why can't I upgrade top LR6?
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

LR 6 is the standalone upgrade. If you are a creative cloud subscriber then you will want to install the upgrade which is called Lightroom CC. It is available from the creative cloud application manager. If you don't see it listed as an available install, signout from the application manager and then sign back in.

• 3. Re: Why can't I upgrade top LR6?
              robertg13824224 Level 1

I have tried uninstalling LR then downloading the 'upgrade' and every time it reverts back to the trial version. I cannot seem to convert this to a non-trial version. I understand that LR 6 is a standalone but because I cannot seem to get LR CC 2015 in a version other than trial, I thought about buying LR6 standalone. What to do?

• 4. Re: Why can't I upgrade top LR6?
                99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are a subscriber, did you do as Jim suggested? Launch Creative cloud and click on the settings icon (cogwheel near top right) and sign-out. Then close Creative Cloud and re-launch. Sign-in again and go to the Apps tab. The applications should have refreshed. If so click the Install button next to Lightroom CC 2015.