1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2015 10:54 PM by TheRippedTrojan

Photoshop does not launch when "edit in photoshop" is used. How can I fix this?

TheRippedTrojan

Initially, the option to edit in Photoshop was grayed out. I followed the steps for Mactintosh found here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html

The option to edit in Photoshop is now available available to select, but clicking on it does nothing. Photoshop does not open. What could be causing this issue? I am very frustrated. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Photoshop does not launch when "edit in photoshop" is used. How can I fix this?
          TheRippedTrojan Level 1

So, after spending about an hour with tech support through remote access, the problem was solved. It turns out that the last 10 or 15 photos I imported were imported to the wrong folder. Stupid me! Of course, as one would expect, you cannot send a smart preview to photoshop. I'd like to give a big thanks to the tech who helped me solve this "issue".

I once heard a story from a tech support worker about a man who couldn't get his printer to work. The issue the gentleman was having was that the computer could not see the printer. The gentlemen went on to explain that this was impossible, as he put the printer right in front of the monitor. Of course, after a 5 minute discussion, the terminology was explained to this man and the issue was solved. I always laughed at this story, and today I realized I have become "that guy". For this I would like to apologize. Cheers!