3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2015 9:20 AM by erudolph

Can't install 6.01 update

erudolph Level 1

I've written about this problem before but after some more web research have located my installer logs.

My setup:  OS 10.9.5, Adobe Lightroom 6.0 with perpetual license.  (FWIW, Lightroom 5.71 is still installed.)

The problem:  I download the 6.01 installer, run it and get an error.  Looking through the installer log, I find the following:

ERROR: DW052: The base product is not installed, Unable to proceed with the patch operation.

Question:  Why does the installer think that the base product is not installed and what can I do to install this patch?

thanks in advance for any help,

Ed

• 1. Re: Can't install 6.01 update
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The LR 6.0.1 update is a small patcher for LR 6.0.0 so you need the LR 6.0.0 install done, first.

• 2. Re: Can't install 6.01 update
            99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Have you tried from the LR6 menu:

Help >> Updates

Or the direct download link:

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Are both methods not working?

• 3. Re: Can't install 6.01 update
              erudolph Level 1

Hi Sprengel and Jon, thanks for the responses.  SSprengel, I upgraded from 5.71 to 6.0.0 by downloading and running the Lightroom_6_LS11.dmg installer on April 21.  Version 6 seems to be working fine except for the bug that sends me to a page-not-found when trying to access the online help.

99Jon, I've downloaded the patch from the direct download link that 99jon mentions and running it gives the error I described.  Trying to update from the Help -> Updates menu tells me that "your applications are all up to date."

Last night after chatting with support I changed the permissions on both Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe folders to allow Everyone to read/write.  Still, the patch will not install.

I also created a new user and tried, unsuccessfully, to install the update from there.

Does anyone think I should uninstall and reinstall?  And if so, what is the safe procedure to keep from losing work, presets, preferences, etc.?  I think that if this is the recommendation, I'd wait for a more significant update, since essentially 6.0.0 is working for me.