4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2015 12:59 AM by KhanMehwish

Creat a PDF without Document Cloud on Android

Flashan

Hello

I'm wondering if there is a way to create a PDF with Adobe Acrobad for Android without using the Documen Cloude.

I just wand to keep and store my Documents on my Tablet.

It scares me that my createt PDF was automaticly copied to another Computer without a warning message etc.

And it scares me also that i din't finde some questions about this...

• 1. Re: Creat a PDF without Document Cloud on Android
          pwillener MVP & Adobe Community Professional

[topic moved to Reader/Acrobat DC for Mobile forum]

• 2. Re: Creat a PDF without Document Cloud on Android
            KhanMehwish Adobe Employee

Hi,

Create PDF is a subscription based service which is required to convert ppt/pptx, doc/docx, xls/xlsx etc documents to PDF. This service is currently only available using the Document Cloud. However, to read and save the documents on your device, you do not need Document Cloud. Could you explain your issue in detail if you are unable to do the same? Also, please specify your android version and the Adobe Acrobat version that you are using.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Creat a PDF without Document Cloud on Android
              Flashan Level 1

Hello Mehwish

Thank you for your response.

That this service is only available thru the Document Cloud is one thing.

It makes the App usles for me.

The other thing that bothers me, is that there was no warning or information window poping up

before my document get send to the cloud. - May i didn't see or i missunderstud this. (as you can see,

my english is not the best...".- But privaci is a verry important issue and i don't want my documents being

copied all over the web.

Some years ago people woudn't take this. Now it seams that no one cares.

Thank you.

• 4. Re: Creat a PDF without Document Cloud on Android
                KhanMehwish Adobe Employee

Please note that you DO NOT need Create PDF service or the Document Cloud subscription if you just want to 'read' PDFs. You can do that while being signed out of the Document cloud.

To view and read PDF files offline, you can download them to your phone and open them directly from their source or from the 'Local' tab in Adobe Acrobat Reader application.

To avoid files from getting uploaded to cloud automatically, you can either choose to stay signed out of Document Cloud or you can turn 'Mobile Link' off. Please let us know if you need more details around the same.

Thanks.