3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2015 8:43 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I find files used to create an Instant Movie created with Premiere Elements 12 after upgrade to v13?

tinap56601324

When I open an older project file that was created with Elements 12-- I'm asked for the location of the files, both my videos and content that was downloaded at the time of creating an instant movie.  These files (mostly png files)  are no longer on my computer (searched fully).  I believe that they could have been removed when I upgraded from Elements 12 to Elements 13.  I was mildly successful in recreating another instant movie, downloading the content, and saving the project as "junk".  (Didn't work if I didn't save the project.)  But it doesn't work every time.   Are these files available for download?

• 1. Re: How do I find files used to create an Instant Movie created with Premiere Elements 12 after upgrade to v13?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tinap

What computer operating system is involved? And, are you using the same computer for 13 as you did for 12?

If the same computer, there should be no way to remove source media files from your computer hard drive save location just downloading and installing Premiere Elements 13. So, if you did not delete source media, they should be on your computer. Could you have moved or renamed them?

To recreate your Instant Movie you need...

a. project file (.prel) with its source media still in the hard drive save location where they were when you imported them into the project.

or

b. to start a new project with the Instant Movie theme and your source media saved to the computer hard drive.

Could you clarify

I was mildly successful in recreating another instant movie, downloading the content, and saving the project as "junk".  (Didn't work if I didn't save the project.)  But it doesn't work every time.   Are these files available for download?

To what files are you referring? Are you referring to the Instant Movie theme assets? The theme assets are found on the computer hard drive. They are completed only after you download them from within the opened project. The completed theme assets folder can be found in the following path for Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

Movie Themes

All_Lang

and, if you were looking for the Celebration theme assets, then

Event

Celebration

But I would point you to the Adobe Licensing Agreement about Content

2.3 Content Files. Unless stated otherwise in the "Read Me" files, Documentation, or other license(s) associated with the Content Files, Customer may use, display, modify, reproduce, and distribute any of the Content Files. However, Customer may not distribute the Content Files on a stand-alone basis (i.e., in circumstances in which the Content Files constitute the primary value of the product being distributed), and Customer may not claim any trademark rights in the Content Files or derivative works thereof. Nothing stated herein shall affect the ownership of the Software as stated in Section 3.

Please contact Adobe for the final interpretation if this applies to your situation.

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I find files used to create an Instant Movie created with Premiere Elements 12 after upgrade to v13?
            tinap56601324 Level 1

Bottom line-- Your mapping allowed me to find some of the files.

I'm using Windows 7.  It's the same computer.  After installing Premier 13,

I uninstalled other Premier programs.  (Perhaps that was my mistake?)  I

didn't move or deliberately remove or rename any particular files.  I

didn't move any of my source media during this process-- has been in the

same directory structure for years.

Clarification you requested:  If I create a 'new' instant movie and

download the content again, then the files are saved to my computer.  This

only worked if I saved the instant movie file.

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 10:22 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: How do I find files used to create an Instant Movie created with Premiere Elements 12 after upgrade to v13?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

tinap

Thanks for the follow up.

Have you been able to recover as much as you need to recover to where you need to be in these projects?

If not, I would point to what you wrote

Your mapping allowed me to find some of the files.

"Some  of the files"...what type of files (or specific files) have you not been able to recover from a particular Instant Movie theme folder on the hard drive (provided you have done beforehand the content download within the project for that theme)? Are those things that you are looking for related to your own files that you imported into the Instant Movie rather the things that Adobe gives you in its Instant Movie?

Please consider. Please let us know what supplemental information on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

ATR