4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 7:15 AM by A.T. Romano

premiere elements 12 turn off disc menus

killer10971

HI

under publish and share create dvd ,I used to get the option to create a disc without menus and got a warning informing me of such and then I could continue building my disc

now whenever I try and create a disc I don't get the option it defaults to using disc menus and wont let me proceed without menus (I vaguely remember a tick box)

many thanks

• 1. Re: premiere elements 12 turn off disc menus
          doc02864

Did you find the answer? Mine is doing the same, no skipping the menu grrrr.  Might just reinstall the program.

• 2. Re: premiere elements 12 turn off disc menus
            A.T. Romano Level 7

killer10971 and doc02864

This has been written about and answered here several times.

killer10971, apologizes for you not getting a response to your thread in May 2015. I try to see that every thread has a viable reply to each before the end of the day.

Killer10971 who supplied the information Premiere Elements 12 (I am going to assume that is on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit)...

Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and place a check mark next to the preference

Show all do not show again messages

Close out of there.

When you go to Publish+Share/Disc/ and click on Disc, you will get the Missing Disc Menu pop up.

Put a check mark next to "Do Not Show Again" and then click on No.

Thereafter you should be taken directly to the Disc: Choose location and settings area when you click on Disc in Publish+Share/Disc.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

ATR

Add On....the fix is similar for other Premiere Elements versions...for custom answer, please supply details.

• 3. Re: premiere elements 12 turn off disc menus
              doc02864 Level 1

THanks for the reply.  I found the fix 15 min later but my Adobe glitched, just hung everytime I tried to make a DVD.  Took 10 min to reinstall the program.  (my email also reset to some factory default as well. crazy SSD drive)

• 4. Re: premiere elements 12 turn off disc menus
                A.T. Romano Level 7

doc02864

Great job finding the fix.

Are you OK now with the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 burn to disc for DVD-VIDEO or AVCHD (whichever one you were doing)?

And, have you updated 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

Please do not hesitate to ask if any questions about your Premiere Elements workflows. Best to start a new thread so that we can sort through the details specific to the problem.

Best wishes

ATR