Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Form Becomes xml on 2nd Submit

Level 2

Greetings,

I've run into an issue with a Livecycle form that has multiple people interacting with it.

I have a Submit button that sends the PDF to a specific department email address. The department loads the form to Sharepoint 2013. After that another person access the form from Sharepoint, completes another area of the form and presses the Submit button. However the email that is generated now has an xml file, not a PDF.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have an explanation/solution?

Thanks for any help you can give,

-m

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

We publish almost all of our PDFs to SharePoint. (I'm not certain what version we are using, though.) Users who retrieve these files and click a submit button do not have a problem with submitting as PDFs.

Are the users accessing the form from SharePoint clicking the same submit button? If they are not hitting the same button, can you verify that there is no difference in the code?

If they are using the same button, can you verify that the script to submit the PDF is the same? For example:

768946_pastedImage_0.png

This sends the email in a different format depending on which radio button is selected. I'm wondering if there's a select or condition statement that looks for something to be filled in on the "second part" that may be changing how the item is submitted.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 7

We publish almost all of our PDFs to SharePoint. (I'm not certain what version we are using, though.) Users who retrieve these files and click a submit button do not have a problem with submitting as PDFs.

Are the users accessing the form from SharePoint clicking the same submit button? If they are not hitting the same button, can you verify that there is no difference in the code?

If they are using the same button, can you verify that the script to submit the PDF is the same? For example:

768946_pastedImage_0.png

This sends the email in a different format depending on which radio button is selected. I'm wondering if there's a select or condition statement that looks for something to be filled in on the "second part" that may be changing how the item is submitted.