• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I show the user only what he got wrong on a drag and drop submit?

Engaged ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I really like the Captivate drag n drop.  I think there are a lot of cool things you can do with it....

I have two questions that I have never really been able to figure out.

1. Can I show the user just what he got wrong when he hits the submit button?  And then allow the user to reset and do it again?

2.  Is there a redrag event or a reset event I could possibly use?  I have created a drag and drop where the user knows instantly if he dropped something on the wrong spot or not.  The corresponding red or green box is shown when he drops.  The problem is when he redrags the object (in the event the box turned red for wrong), the red box obviously stays shown.  I would love to be able to hide the red box again once the user redrags or resets so that it goes back to its neutral color state...

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums!

You can just show that the user has not attempted correct and reset for the user so that he can retry .

You can do this by simply changing the number of attempts to Infinite and Choose the option Reset all.

This option is available in the Action of Drag and Drop Properties.

Regards

Himanshu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 23, 2015 May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this shows that the attempt was not correct, but it does not show what answers were not correct...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2015 May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ryan, I'm on the road, no CP on phone pf course. Not tested, but with a

combination of object actions (to track correct dragging) and the actions

on Submit, maybe your goal could be reached. Sorry not to offer more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources