6 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2015 5:29 AM by David_Powers

Document title [was: dreamweaver beginner]

michelle4ever Level 1

I've just opened dreamweaver for the first time. I'm trying to follow the tutorial for it. I created the getting started file, the index.html page, and am in split view. I can't find a place to put the title like it has in the tutorial. Help!

• 1. Re: Document title [was: dreamweaver beginner]
          David_Powers Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

The field where you enter the document title has moved in Dreamweaver CC 2014 to the Property inspector as shown in the following screenshot:

doc_title.jpg

The field is visible only when a text element is selected in Design view or Live view.

• 2. Re: Document title [was: dreamweaver beginner]
            michelle4ever Level 1

Thanks David! It took me a hot minute to find Properties though. I finally found it under Windows.Till next time...

• 3. Re: Document title [was: dreamweaver beginner]
              VettriSelvanT Level 1

Document Title not showing for "New Document > Template > New Page" (Here Document Title cannot be seen)

New Blank HTML :

8vIl4O0.jpg

New Document from Template :

8vDK8Qy.jpg

Why is this happening? Please help me to show the Document Title bar. I just spent hours to cache my HTML site which has more than 200,000 HTML pages! I cannot uninstall this version and go back to previous one that will give me headache and loss of time/day.

I am begging you to please make a shortcut for this Document Title to appear anywhere. Why in the world they changed it?! I hate Adobe like never before!

*Sorry if i am over reacting. Help Me Please!

Thank You.

• 4. Re: Document title [was: dreamweaver beginner]

Your second screenshot shows the properties for a table cell. If your templates use a table-based layout, selecting text will not display the Document Title field in the Property inspector. To get the Document Title to display, click body in the Tag selector, as shown in the following screenshot:

tag_selector.jpg

If you opened the Property inspector from the Window menu, your workspace might look different. The Tag selector is in the bottom margin of the Document window. My screenshot shows the Property inspector docked in its normal place at the bottom of the screen below the Document window.

By the way, you're posting in a forum that's dedicated to helping users with a specific tutorial. For general help, post in the Dreamweaver support forum. It's much more active, and there are a lot of people there to answer questions.

• 5. Re: Document title [was: dreamweaver beginner]
                  VettriSelvanT Level 1

Thank you very much for your reply.

I cant click the body because its not editable but when I click the 'mmtinstance:editable' the Title box appears

But I used to add and edit the title on top document toolbar. I am working like this when I started to use Dreamweaver in 2007 so this new change doesn't fit me very well. It may help you professionals many ways but Adobe should have added as option to remove it or not like in Code, Design, Extract, Old style.

Anyways, I installed Dreamweaver CC 32bit version "Dreamweaver_14_LS20" thankfully this version is like what I used it before.

I had problem with 64bit Dreamweaver_15_LS20.

Also, I didn't noticed which section I am asking this question because I just replied when I found this page in Google search. Thanks again for your precious response.

• 6. Re: Document title [was: dreamweaver beginner]

Vettri Selvan wrote:

But I used to add and edit the title on top document toolbar. I am working like this when I started to use Dreamweaver in 2007 so this new change doesn't fit me very well. It may help you professionals many ways but Adobe should have added as option to remove it or not like in Code, Design, Extract, Old style.

The idea was to make the toolbar at the top of the Document window less cluttered, but the change wasn't liked by anyone. I expect there will be a simpler way to insert the page title in the next version of DW.