• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Download Error: Administrator Privileges required. ??

New Here ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the creative cloud app to my mac and when I click download for illustrator, I get  this immediate error: Installation failed. Administrator privileges required to install. Please install later.

I am the only account on my computer which makes me the administrator. Ive played around with my firewall, tried using a different browser.. nothing is working. Suggestions??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you're not the administrator, you're the main user. Refer to this:

Enabling and using the "root" user in OS X - Apple Support

Also check your disk utility and fix your permissions issues.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure that you had logged in to computer with Administrator account .

If yes,  follow below steps :

Step 1 :

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To Folder" option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( Do not miss ~ symbol)

~/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe

Right click on Adobe folder and select "GetInfo" option.

Expand the Sharing & Permissions section.

Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator user name and password when prompted, and then click OK.

Please click on '+' symbol , it will open list of user accounts. Add Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,

Then provide "Read & Write" permission to Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,.

Click the Gear icon, and select Apply to Enclosed Item. Close the Get Info dialog box.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 2:

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe

Right click on Adobe folder and select "GetInfo" option.

Expand the Sharing & Permissions section.

Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator user name and password when prompted, and then click OK.

Please click on '+' symbol , it will open list of user accounts. Add Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,

Then provide "Read & Write" permission to Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,.

Click the Gear icon, and select Apply to Enclosed Item. Close the Get Info dialog box.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

Then launch Creative Cloud desktop application and try to install Illustrator again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines