• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not get rid of "click sound" when doing software simulation--only want to hear narrator

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to want to record (take a picture) when the narrator clicks on something but do not want to hear the sound. Only want to hear the narrator's voice--nothing else. Looked  in Edit > Preferences and when I go to record in new Software Simulation > Preferences. In both areas the "Hear Keyboard Tap Sounds" is grayed out and can not be clicked on or off. Is there another setting somewhere? My customer only wants to hear her own voice. I saw this question posted earlier and no one responded.

Thanks,

L

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this post from December;

darthmonkeyx Dec 21, 2014 6:49 PM (in response to RodWard)

So did this:

Edit > Preferences

Category > Project > Publish settings

Unclick box that says: Play tap audio for recorded typing

Click on “OK” button

Didn't help. I will save and close Captivate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, after clicking that one button in publish settings, it no longer records my voice. Going to reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're talking about the camera shutter sound that is normally heard when you perform captures, why don't you just turn down or mute the sound on your computer while performing the capture session and narrating at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources