Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions updater launches instead of Spotify

New Here ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Recently I removed Adobe Digital Editions, because it kept launching the update wizard even though I already installed those. After the removal, however, it seems that I can't launch Spotify. The reason for this, is that it launches the Adobe Digital Editions update wizard instead.

I've tried several combinations of installing and removing Adobe Digital Editions and Spotify, but to no avail.

I was wondering if there's a way to fix this inside Windows 7.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to report that I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has been affecting other type of setups as well. I have the same issue on my notebook and I tried to fix some unrelated driver issue. The setup for this was also "infected' and was unable to launch it, because it launched the updater wizard instead.

In my opinion, this is a very sloppy mistake and malware like behaviour. Reinstalling an operating system shouldn't be a proper fix to get around this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines