Same issue for me. CPU usage ranges from 105% - 270%. Something is definitely wrong but Adobe support couldn't fix it and said I need to contact Apple. Can't believe more people aren't having the same issues.
Same here. Getting to the point that I dread using Lightroom.
Have tried everything. I'm done with Lightroom CC. Been using Lightroom since version 1.
Too bad because the first 5 were amazing.
Same here. After I Installed LR 6 (Hate CC) my MPB Fan started to make al lot of noise.
- First I turned of de GPU usage. This had no effect.
- Then I uninstalled LR 6. This wasn't working either. Seems like the installation of LR 6 had done something to my system and didn't undo it during the uninstall
- LR 5 now has the same issue. After clicking through 30 images or so the fan starts to run.
- Updated to El capitain. My aim was to get een GPU update. Did not work either
- Even when I watch a YouTube clip my Fan starts to run.
Tried to get een answer from Adobe. They only gave a standard reply. copy/paste. Turn of the GPU assistance in LR. (That was the first thing I did without their help) After that they didn't respond any more.... Thank you Adobe for srewing up my system...
The fans are loud? You need a new fan/cooling system in your computer case. This is a malfunction of your fans/cooling system, not a Lightroom/software/Adobe issue.
Same for me - fans go into over-drive! Never had any issues with 5 - or with any other programs for that matter
It's an Adobe Creative Cloud issue, not just LR. Our whole agency is experiencing the same problems – CC is causing our fans to come on (Macbook Pros – brand new) overdrive. It's only when CC is launched, doesn't seem to matter which application. The solution below has helped as well as turning off syncing with fonts and files (find in CC preferences). This is a massive issue from Adobe and needs to be fixed.